Another Tube & Pipe Question

Zac Davis

I work on tube & Pipe on 2 machines from a dropbox folder (Desktop) synced between them ,

sometimes when open an assembly that has tube & Pipes runs i get a message of missing files . (and actaully i really dont see them in the folder on the 2nd PC)

what causes this , most of the parts in the run are there , only some of them are missing .

i chooses in the "application option" to bring parts from content center as custom . is there a way to make sure they really are "Custom" , because it seems that inventor isn't really make all parts as custom (i believe it has a bug )

Thanks

Its not a bug, its how its designed. Your best bet is to change your Content Center Files location in Application Options to a new Dropbox folder. Make sure you combine your two existing CC folders into that one and you will likely resolve your issue.

Its not a bug, its how its designed. Your best bet is to change your Content Center Files location in Application Options to a new Dropbox folder. Make sure you combine your two existing CC folders into that one and you will likely resolve your issue.

Tried The above , not working ..

Did you combine the files you had? Is your project file overriding your application options for Content Center location?

btw, the Custom option only creates the custom file in your local workspace when it is a custom family like a piece of pipe or structural steel, the default fittings in your runs will go to the content center files folder that is stored outside your local workspace.

What is missing? Fittings or Pipe segments?

Did you combine the files you had? Is your project file overriding your application options for Content Center location?

btw, the Custom option only creates the custom file in your local workspace when it is a custom family like a piece of pipe or structural steel, the default fittings in your runs will go to the content center files folder that is stored outside your local workspace.

Missing are fittings , will check tomorrow at the office if there are overriding on the. ipj file

Btw , dropbox is the same on both pcs, but the path I created for the new content center location is litlle different due to the PC name .. (just a thought)

• 3 weeks later...

ok ,changed the content center location to a new location in my dropbox (absolute c:/Dropbox) , seems like it is working now ok with new projects , not with the old ones...

weird problem appears , seems like in the new style i created, gaps between flanges created automatically in the routes , and they are too big , how do i control this ?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi

Still have this annoying problem, that makes every project impossible to work with.

What do you mean by "Is your project file overriding your application options for Content Center location?"

in application options already chosen content center files location under Dropbox folder in both PC's, and still fitting screws bolts and nuts are missing, any ideas?

Thanks

In your project file what the project file say for content center files...see attached.

You could copy these files to your dropbox and change this setting to match your application options if it does not already. Typically the project file trumps your application options so if it was defined here already as something else that may still cause conflicts.

2015-11-10_10-32-35.jpg

In your project file what the project file say for content center files...see attached.

You could copy these files to your Dropbox and change this setting to match your application options if it does not already. Typically the project file trumps your application options so if it was defined here already as something else that may still cause conflicts.

In both PC'S folder option is set to the same path at my Dropbox, and still many components came from content center are missing, (I'm using 2015)