Display true lineweights on sheets?

tzframpton

Autodesk Inventor 2014: I went to Options > Drawing > Line Weight Display > Settings and set "Display True Line Weights" as the default, and enabling the "Display Line Weights" checkbox. Upon this change, when I zoom in/out in the drawing file, I still am not seeing the line weights as "true thicknesses". After I restarted, I saw that they were now in effect.

However, any time I make edits to the Layers, I don't see the changes "update" automatically. Is there someway to refresh this as I make changes, rather than constantly restart the program session? Thanks in advance!

-TZ

Not sure what is going on, I'm using 2016 and it updates after I goto Options > Drawing > Line Weight Display > Settings and set "Display True Line Weights" as the default, and enabling the "Display Line Weights" checkbox. It updates the line weight straight away. Also any changes make to the layers update straight way. I feel silly asking you if you have the service packs all up dated as I'm sure you have. Also not eben Inventor Lite should have this problem.

Not sure what is going on, I'm using 2016 and it updates after I goto Options > Drawing > Line Weight Display > Settings and set "Display True Line Weights" as the default, and enabling the "Display Line Weights" checkbox. It updates the line weight straight away. Also any changes make to the layers update straight way. I feel silly asking you if you have the service packs all up dated as I'm sure you have. Also not eben Inventor Lite should have this problem.
Thanks for responding Lazer. I think it's my video card. I have a certified graphics card on my work computer and I found it works fine in Inventor 2015. At home, I have Inventor 2014 (Home use EULA) but haven't upgraded with my home use license yet. It still works on my home computer, but only after some miscellaneous clicking/selecting, so I think it's a hardware glitch more than anything.

BTW, Inventor is fun. I'm glad I'm familiar with Revit before jumping in. Going from AutoCAD to Inventor can be intimidating as far as I can tell. :)

-TZ

I did not want to point out the usual video card or service pack to a seasoned member like your good self:) I think you may be right thou. Inventor is very different in many ways from Autocad, lucky for me was I learned Inventor and Autocad side by side at Uni back in the day so I managed to find the strength and weakness in both while learning them. When I got employed I convinced the management to invest in both and to this day I use them side by side every day. Inventor will get easier in time and you will find you can also use Solidworks, SolidEdge and Creo (ProE) with just a few weeks practice to get the basics they work the same way. The best way to learn inventor is to keep the model simple and always think ahead, what if the design was to change have I modelled it with the design intent and in a method it can be changed easily to keep inline with the manufacture changes. It can be fun then you start to master these need and say to the team I can easily make them chances in just a new mins.

....keep the model simple and always think ahead...
Same exact approach for Revit Families.

Yeah I'm pretty excited to finally be dabbling in Inventor. My brother in law is a machinist who recently bought his own shop and he knows Inventor is his next step, so I'm kinda learning it to help him out once he's finally ready to buy it and step in. Plus, I do have many personal projects throughout the years and it's better to know Inventor for my welding and CNC needs. But it's making a lot of sense due to my Revit background, which is great.

-TZ