DWGs dont update until I zoom or manually regen... Help!

Teeth

Hi all,

All of a sudden, when I complete a command in Autocad 2015 nothing updates on screen until I ZOOM or REGEN. For example: if I delete a part of a drawing, it remains visible until I roll the mouse wheel. It is taking me 2x as long to get anything done this way... tried REGENAUTO, REGENMODE, and throwing a coffee cup into the trash really hard. Nothing has helped so far..

Sorry if this is a repost, I searched but my terms brought a million other topics up.

Thanks!

EDIT: Turns out I had 2 instances of Autocad running, each with ~30 DWGs open. When I figured it out, it stopped but I frequently have up to 50 drawings open so if you know why it did this, I would still like to make any adjustments you can recommend. Thanks!

Edited by Teeth
Got it to stop, still need to figure out the cause.

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

How big are the files, and what are the specs for your computer?

I sometimes might have 50 or so drawings open, but only if I am checking them, on the fly, and they are very small, like 125KB.

I have 16GB of ram.

BIGAL - I am producing shop drawings for a large manufacturer. When a set of changes comes down, I make changes to most of the DWGs all at once. It has never been an issue on any of my machines before, and the machine that it is happening with is my newest/best machine by far.

Dadgad - It varies greatly, could be 100KB to greater than 5MB... this set seems to average about 500-600KB. The machine specs are great, I guess it could be a driver issue though. It just seemed strange that I never had any issues, didn't apply updates, no changes (purposefully anyway) to settings, and I started up my machine and it did this.

I have to say it, sorry. Have you restarted? It sounds like it may be a cache issue.

Edit: Have you checked REGENAUTO?

Edit: Edit: REGENAUTO has been removed, http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-A91310A5-C3D2-43DB-9D4E-0BCE7C138FA2-htm.html I feel old.