Strange Text Placement behaviour

Andrew1979

I am trying to place text in a certain position in paper space. I have all the co-ordinates correct but each time I run the command the text could end up anywhere around the point it should be at.

Here is a portion on the code:

(cond
      ((= myItem2 "A")(setq Pos1 "351.3,280.2")(setq Pos2 "355.9,280.2")(setq Pos3 "391.1,280.2")(setq Pos4 "400.0,280.2") (setq RevChar "A"))
)
;there are more conds I just eliminated showing them all

(if
(= TogRevDate "1")
(progn
   (command "text" "j" "tl" Pos1 "0" myItem2 );Revision REV
 )
)
; there are more if statements I just showed one for simplicity

This is all attached to a DCL file which runs correctly. I just don't undestand this random placement

Well U can try a couple of things , just some 'field' tips. Instead of using text for your points , use (list 351.3 280.2). Check your osnap setting (turn it off). Check if your text style has a fixed height. But most important : where in your text command do you specify your text height (unless your text style has a fixed height ofcourse...)

gr. Rlx

Thanks for the feedback.....as soon as you mentioned osnap I was sure it was the culprit.....and it was. Thanks so much for your feedback, program works perfectly now

You're welcome

I've had the same experiences in the past so I too learned the hard way ;-)

Gr. Rlx

oh wow , I just see I went from a full member to a senile member , oh excuse me , Senior member :-)