Creating corridor around a kerbline?

Sideshow-Cad

Hi Guys,

I am new to civils 3D so please bare with me.

I have used 2 different kerblines to create 2 alignments and thus created 2x corridors.

I used existing geometry (polylines from topo surveys) for target mapping for the lanes, hard shoulders, kerbs etc.

Corridor 1 is a straight section of road on the NB main carriageway. Corridor 2 is the approach to corridor 1 (which includes the mainline and slip road). I am trying to get these two corridors to transition perfectly into each other. The problem I am having is the curved kerb which separates the slip and the mainline. Is there a way to "wrap the corridor" around the kerbline, without leaving any gaps between the 2 corridors? Or is there a way to overlap the 2 corridors and then trim? Or should I be using 2 corridors at all? Could this be done using 1?

(Pictures attached)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CropperCapture[1].jpg

CropperCapture[2].jpg

Kerb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

You can always look at the corridor parameters and adjust where one stops and another begins. If you did your assemblies correct it will look like one continuous corridor. Also, you can merge corridors to where it is one instead of two.