SW not showing previews of drawing in windows explorer or previews in SW (2013 SP 0)

bam8

I have SW 2013 and cant seem to figure out why SW won't preview the drawing when I go to file and then open or even when I am in Windows explorer

Here is what I have tried: I tried going into "adjust visual effects" in windows explorer and checking the box show thumbnails instead of icons (see picture)

I also in Solidworks I went to, tools->options->general have checked "show thubnail graphics in windows explorer" and still nothing. It's also strange because it doesn't even show the icon in windows explorer of the generic solidworks part symbol as seen in the first picture. Any ideas on fixing this one without doing a full reinstall?

SW Form3.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

SW Form2.jpg

SW Form1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Are you using a pdm system? I see green check marks? Do you have a preview of parts or assemblies? Based on the icons I would say no. Try opening a part and saving it. Do you have previews of other documents? Like word, excel, pdf?

Are you using a pdm system? I see green check marks? We use dropbox, I've tried to save things locally though and I get the same result. Do you have a preview of parts or assemblies? Based on the icons I would say no. In windows explorer or file open in solidworks, I see no previews. However, this the weird one, I do see previews when I go to file in solidwokrs and hover over recently opened items. But still nothing in anything windows related for file previews locally or in DB. Try opening a part and saving it. I did this doesn't work Do you have previews of other documents? Like word, excel, pdf? yes other files like PDfs work

Very odd. I know when 12 came out this issue showed up. Most people said it was a problem with the eDrawing viewer oddly enough. You could try opening the solidworks installer and repair eDrawings.

Did you upgrade to 13? Was it a clean install or do you have multiple old install folders still? You will notice in your program files directory things like SOLIDWORKS(2).