lf program which is capable of doing accounting of construction materials

gross

Greetings.

I am looking for a program which is capable of doing following actions:

Filling of bills of materials and automatic generation of samplings based on types of materials used.

For example i fill in few specifications (or bills of material) using materials from program's base, fill in their quantities and properties. After that i choose some of previously created specifications (or bills of material) and press on a "Create samplings" button. After that program automatically summarizes quantities of identical materials and prepares a report which contains data about types and quantities of materials used.

Looking forward for your help.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gross

• ReMark

• tzframpton

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

BIM being the name of that game, Revit seems a likely contender, but I don't use it, so let's wait and see what the usual suspects have to say about that.

I am currently using ProSteel as an Autocad plugin, and it is pretty impressive, in many ways, including BOM generation and automagically generated fabrication drawings, but I suspect Revit is better at what you are asking about.

Thank you for your answer, Dadgag. I knew about Revit and ProSteel but i need more simple software without CAD features (only reports from specifications and material counting).

Unless your drawings contain attributed blocks I don't see how else it would be possible to create a BOM.

The meaning is this: I fill specification manually in the table, then filled with sample specification can be made of materials (addition of volumes) to building information model was only in numbers without drawing so convenient to calculate the total amount of material required

Can you give me some detail on what industry or what sector of construction you're company's market is currently in? We need this info before we can help you. I'll say up front, plain Jane AutoCAD cannot do this level of BOM. But many programs out there can.

Awaiting your detailed response.

-TZ

Can you give me some detail on what industry or what sector of construction you're company's market is currently in? We need this info before we can help you. I'll say up front, plain Jane AutoCAD cannot do this level of BOM. But many programs out there can.

Awaiting your detailed response.

-TZ

Yes, I'm from Russia, and bad know English, please excuse me, translate.google.com helps me)

For example,

I have a project of metal structures (made in autocad 2d), it has a different structure: beams, columns, communication ... all this there are some specifications: L1, L2, L3 .... L101, these specifications are repeated different materials: plate thickness: 4, 6, 8, 10, ..., I-beams 10, 16, 20, ..., channels 10, 12, 16 ... and so on.

I want to bring all of these specifications in a program that will automatically be considered for the selection of materials chosen me specifications

L1.zip

L2.zip

Got it. You are in the structural building industry. One of the top software applications for this type of market is Tekla:http://www.tekla.com/products/tekla-structures

Also, take a look at Autodesk Advance Steel: http://www.autodesk.com/products/advance-steel/overview

These are purpose-driven software applications specifically tuned for the construction and fabrication of metal structures, which includes powerful BOM sub-applications within the program itself.

Hope this helps. -TZ :)

Didn't the OP say he was looking for simple software without CAD features?
Yeah I guess so. Missed his second post. Oh well, still informative for the next forum lurker.

:)

There is software that could help solve your problem but you'll have to buy it. Can't get everything you want for free.

I am willing to pay for that software because i have money but i have to know what to buy. If you knew that software you are welcome to name it.

Thank you for your time but as i mentioned before i'm looking for a software without CAD features. In previous posts only CAD software were mentioned. So, do you know some softwere without CAD features that can help me?

May be i'm bad at telling you what i want. Here is a screenshot with an information.

http://prntscr.com/8ay1us

In this picture i have "Specification A1", "Specification A2", "Specification A3" etc. And software must do the following thing - summarize the quantities of chosen materials so the result would be like "Selection" table. There may be a lot of Specifications (over 9000) and a lot of materials in each specification. No CAD **** needed.

You came to a CAD related forum but are asking for non-CAD program to produce a BOM? You probably won't find much help here since most members have a direct involvement in CAD related programs. My apologies in advance but you may be better off looking elsewhere.

-TZ