Licencing Autolisp/DCL products

aloy

Hi everyone,

I have developed few products over the years starting from version 2 in AutoLISP that I have used for the design of Roads, Sewerage and Drainage in civil engineering. I would like to find out how useful they may be to others and if possible market them through autodesk. Can anyone suggest how to do it?.

Thanking in advance

Aloy

Having worked commercially on add products its a tough slog, you either make a little bit or are very successful, somewhere like the apps.exchange is a good idea. Its all about getting your product out there. Commercial magazines are a good idea push your product, Cadalyst etc, but expect a cost.

Have a look at "Advanced Road Design" for Autocad CIV3d, Briscad etc It has roads, intersection, drainage, sewerage, blows away CIV3d in user friendly, the guy behind it has been the main stay in successful multi million dollar business's for the last 30 years, look at 12D, Carlson, MX there are so many out there, these are your competitors.

Just me from a marketing point of view I worked for the above company you have missed step 1 on your first post you should have indicated with say a list what you have, is it metric or is it only imperial. Look at Lee-mac site and other similar up front they have a list of whats available.

Please post a more descriptive list or a web link about your products, there is plenty of us that are civil designers looking for something to make life easier.

BIGAL,

Thanks for the advice, I have printed it and keep it as a guide. In fact was waiting for reply from one of you. I searched for similar products and found two for the Sewerage; one, a state of the art package from a US engineer called SunCam "Manning's Pipe" and the other a free calculator with much less capabilities. I will post screenshots of these two as examples later.

Thanks again.

BIGAL,

Here are two similar products: one is the Bentley Systems FlowMaster for which I have a license. The other the free calculator that works for pipes which are more than half full only. Both these products cannot find the depth of flow for a given rate of flow (or Q) in a pipe for a given slope. My program calculates all that by iteration. Also the FlowMaster does not seem to have a method of adjusting the Manning's coefficient for pipes which are not full. The calculator shown does the calculation for change of coefficient by a simple linear process as can be seen, but mine does it by using a third degree polynomial that fits the variation with the depth of flow. This program is currently calculating only the pipe flows but can be modified to all other forms of channel flow.

Here is a screenshot for the Haestad's flowMaster and a link to the free calculator. I am unable to give the SunCam one as there can be restrictions on reproduction but details can be had on http://www.SunCam.com:

https://www.engineersedge.com/fluid_flow/partially_full_pipe_flow_calculation/partiallyfullpipeflow_calculation.htm,

Sample1.jpg

I viewed all sites except MX (as I am a bit familiar with history of MOSS etc., which came out as a result of the work of three road engineers from England) that were in BIGAL's reply. The most interesting being the Sewerage part of the "Advanced Road Design" for AutoCAD CIV3D. I will try to bring my product a bit better than their's given in the screenshot with a better LS. Thanks again for the illuminating reply.