"Look Up" Parameter or not?

bjenk8100

This guy has a titleblock that is unreal. I posted it in general autocad area last night. I have tried and tried to mess around with look up parameter/action. I just do not see how you can add that parameter and then it change text or block size or anything on that level. Maybe I am missing something. One of my goals this weekend is to have a title block like that. Take a look and let me know if you feel it is much more than the path I am going through with "look up" parameter.

Tnx

That video shows some of the uses of visibility states and not a lookup, basically you create a few items on top of each other and then in the block, use a visibility state to turn them on or off.

all that stuff makes you sign up to Augi. this is not a sales question

Not trying to sell anything, just someone who's had a free membership to AUGI since it was a guild many years ago. Maybe I'm just grandfathered in, but I believe most everything is still available with free membership. Your link was only for video of a dynamic block, I was trying to show you there are places you can download dynamic blocks in case you wanted to do more that look at a video. While the one in your video was by someone using Civil you don't need Civil to do any of that.

More CADTutor links at: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?80763-Can-I-download-Dynamic-Blocks-from-somewhere&p=556278&viewfull=1#post556278

This guy has a titleblock that is unreal. I posted it in general autocad area last night. I have tried and tried to mess around with look up parameter/action. I just do not see how you can add that parameter and then it change text or block size or anything on that level. Maybe I am missing something. One of my goals this weekend is to have a title block like that. Take a look and let me know if you feel it is much more than the path I am going through with "look up" parameter.

Tnx

It isn't one titleblock but a collection of blocks with visibility states like steven-g pointed out. If you wanted it as a single titleblock you need to use multiple lookup states with bridges.

out of my league. i would love to have something set up like that but not that big of a deal. i have every sheet size with titleblocks but would love that drop down. i would definately like to learn look ups. have a drop down with a whole slew of names/words/#'s/etc. just dont have time to get stuck. i am a very good solidworks guy, mediocre to above average autocad and revit learner. revit is what i am focusing on lately but the simplest things are difficult it seems. i got acquainted with the whole atmosphere minus the tucked away things/powers. crazy program. however, i do what I need to do quick and then resort to solidworks and autocad for what i cant do. im not an architect so i do not have the patience like many of them do. solidworks is simple and provides what you need. inventor is close but no cigar. however, revit can make an engineer look like an architect even though we do not need all that stuff. ill stamp a napkin if it provides correct information.