rc car chassis

MeGuinness

hello ,wondering if u can help guys ,

i started using Autocad ,been watching some tutorials,still clueless obviously lol,but getting there slowly .

i would like to recreate a real life object in Autocad and then modify it for my project use and send the cad file for production.

the object is a aluminium rc chassis ,my question is were do i start from ?how would you go about ?how can i create a identical shape ?the object is 355mm long and 236mm wide , 3mm thick.

thanx

TA13454976_b.jpg

Another option would be to take a series of digital photos of the chassis then using a specialized program create a point cloud that can then be used to print it in 3D. Eliminates the need to draw anything in the first place.

The first step is to purchase an accurate digital micrometer. You will need very accurate measurements.

Digital Vernier Callipers would be better than Micrometers.

They can be used for internal and external dimensions. where with the micrometers you are restricted to external dimensions only.

Digital Vernier Callipers would be better than Micrometers.

They can be used for internal and external dimensions. where with the micrometers you are restricted to external dimensions only.

'Yeah, that's what they're called. I actually meant that one instead. I have both but my mic is an analog dial indicator. I'm always going "now how many times did the needle go round...?"