my drawing is freezing on Move command Autocad 2014, how to fix

Sengna

I didn't have any problem all day until now, i was in the middle of move command, but i can not type any other command or hit escape nothing happen. I can pan or zoom in and out drawing, the file is not that big though. I am still waiting and be patient. I don't want to lose the update i made on the drawing. how can i fix this? thanks

hanging.JPG

i can not do save as at this time, one last thing i can do is to close the DWG via START TASK MANAGER but that is my last option. please help. thanks.

Make sure your cursor is somewhere in the AutoCad Window.

yes my cursor is inside Autocad Model space. It's been more than an hour now, i am going to close the drawing via Task Mananger

You could always purposely crash your computer and hope that in the process AutoCAD creates a file that retains the changes you made and can be salvaged via the Recover command.

Normally, Task manager will cause it to trigger the recover, but sometimes not, depends on what Autocad was doing when it was forced to close. Of course simply pulling the plug out of the back of the computer will almost certainly get you a Recover situation when re-opening the drawing.

You could always purposely crash your computer and hope that in the process AutoCAD creates a file that retains the changes you made and can be salvaged via the Recover command.

attachment.php?attachmentid=55435&cid=1&stc=1

Yep, i could n't waste anymore time, it took forever so i killed the page via task manager. so when i opened my dwg back i did see the recovery message showed up which showed the last save but i don't know where it was being stored, i search via project folder or window explorer but found none. ended up re do all the work. No fun.

recovery.JPG

attachment.php?attachmentid=55435&cid=1&stc=1

Yep, i could n't waste anymore time, it took forever so i killed the page via task manager. so when i opened my dwg back i did see the recovery message showed up which showed the last save but i don't know where it was being stored, i search via project folder or window explorer but found none. ended up re do all the work. No fun.

What you should have done, was right click on that file name 1_4565.sv$, where it showed in the Drawing Recovery dialog, select OPEN.

That should be the last automatic save, and likely be older than the other one shown above it in that list probably 1_4565.dwg. If you look in the Details which I circled in red, you will get an overview of the .dwg and the .sv$ files available, and when they were created.

Better yet, just right click on the parent file name (like the one in my screenshot), in the list, and select OPEN ALL.

Compare them (keep them both open after recovery), and choose the one you want to continue working on.

If you choose the .dwg file, you are good to go, close the .sv$ file and get back in the saddle.

If you find you would rather work from the .sv$ file, you will want to SAVE AS, and name it accordingly (presumably 1_4564.dwg).

You will be advised that a drawing of that name already exists, and be asked to confirm that you want to overwrite it.

Answer YES, and GET BACK TO WORK!!!!! :)

The following screenshots will help you locate, or change the default autosave location for your .dwgs.

By expanding the next to the Automatic Save File Location, you will see where they are currently being saved. Should you need or want to redefine that location, use the BROWSE button to define your new location.

how to find your autosave file location.jpg

drawing recovery manager.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

What you should have done, was right click on that file name 1_4565.sv$, where it showed in the Drawing Recovery dialog, select OPEN.

That should be the last automatic save, and likely be older than the other one shown above it in that list probably 1_4565.dwg. If you look in the Details which I circled in red, you will get an overview of the .dwg and the .sv$ files available, and when they were created.

Better yet, just right click on the parent file name (like the one in my screenshot), in the list, and select OPEN ALL.

Compare them (keep them both open after recovery), and choose the one you want to continue working on.

If you choose the .dwg file, you are good to go, close the .sv$ file and get back in the saddle.

If you find you would rather work from the .sv$ file, you will want to SAVE AS, and name it accordingly (presumably 1_4564.dwg).

You will be advised that a drawing of that name already exists, and be asked to confirm that you want to overwrite it.

Answer YES, and GET BACK TO WORK!!!!! :)

The following screenshots will help you locate, or change the default autosave location for your .dwgs.

By expanding the next to the Automatic Save File Location, you will see where they are currently being saved. Should you need or want to redefine that location, use the BROWSE button to define your new location.

I found the autosave file now thank you very much

I found the autosave file now thank you very much

I am glad I could help you, and that you now know where they are saved, but I hope you also read ReMark's post.

Remember that you don't need to navigate to the Autosave folder, in a case like this, the Drawing Recovery Manager will access and OPEN it for you, with no muss nor fuss. :)