Try to accomplish a simple task by lisp:

1. Draw a line from A to B

2. Draw a small circle at A

3. Use command Arraypath

4. Select the circle

5. Select the line as curve

6. Method -> Divide

7. Item -> 5 (could be any number)

I do this in autocad and it works all the time no matter how to draw the line and whether the circle is placed at A or B

When I use the following lisp, it only works the line is drawn from left to right, or from top to bottom, and the circle is placed at A:

(DEFUN C:InsDistributedBar ()

(command ".LINE" pause pause "")

(setq lastline (entlast))

(command ".circle" pause pause "")

(setq lastbar (entlast))

(command ".arraypath" lastbar "" lastline 5 "D" "")

)

When I replace the arraypath to mimic the direct input for Command Arraypath by the following line:

(command ".arraypath" lastbar "" lastline "M" "D" "I" 5 "")

The code doesn't work at all. The execution echo is:

Command: .arraypath

Select objects: 1 found

Select objects:

Type = Path Associative = Yes

Select path curve:

Enter number of items along path or [Orientation/Expression] : M Requires an integer between 1 an 32767, or option keyword.

Enter number of items along path or [Orientation/Expression] : D Requires an integer between 1 an 32767, or option keyword.

Enter number of items along path or [Orientation/Expression] : I Requires an integer between 1 an 32767, or option keyword.

Enter number of items along path or [Orientation/Expression] : 5

Specify the distance between items along path or [Divide/Total/Expression]:

Select grip to edit array or [ASsociative/Method/Base point/Tangent direction/Items/Rows/Levels/Align items/Z direction/eXit]: nil

I don't know that much about lisp. I don't know what is wrong.

Please help.

Thanks.

Xiaoping

Try this

(DEFUN C:InsDistributedBar ()
 (command ".LINE" pause pause "")
 (setq lastline (entlast))
 (command ".circle" pause pause)
 (setq lastbar (entlast))
 (command "arraypath" lastbar "" lastline 5 "D" "M" "D" "")
 (princ)
)

(command "arraypath" lastbar "" lastline [b][color="red"]5 "D" "M" "D" ""[/color][/b])

Does the same thing which you were trying for but with little variation...

If you can give Divide option in your code itself then why are you trying for Method->Divide

The reason I was trying

(command ".arraypath" lastbar "" lastline "M" "D" "I" 5 "")

is to mimic the way you would direct use Arraypath in autocad.

I tried your code

(command "arraypath" lastbar "" lastline 5 "D" "M" "D" "")

It still doens't work. Tried to draw the line in different ways and sometimes the 5 circles could be placed in the opposit direction.

Thanks.

Xiaoping

Ohh Sorry didnt check that

Try this now :

(defun c:test (/ a b l c)
 (if
   (setq a (getpoint "\nSpecify start point : ")
  b (getpoint a "\nSpecify end point : ")
   )
    (progn
      (command ".line" a b "")
      (setq l (entlast))
      (command ".circle" a pause)
      (setq c (entlast))
      (command ".arraypath" c "" l "O" a b "E" 5 "D" "X")
    )
 )
 (princ)
)

Trie your code, works perfect!

Thanks a lot!

Although I don't understand where the "O" option is from. Where can I get the document as how to use the command in lisp? (syntax, arguments, ...).

Xiaoping

Trie your code, works perfect!

Thanks a lot!

Xiaoping

Glad to here that :)

Although I don't understand where the "O" option is from.

"O" stands for Orientation.... You can see that in commandline

Where can I get the document as how to use the command in lisp? (syntax, arguments, ...).

Xiaoping

There are websites available where you learn lisp...

e.g.

http://www.afralisp.net/index.php

http://lee-mac.com/index.html

I checked autocad 2015 command line and don't see Orientation option. I also checked the arraypath document and don't see this option either.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-D36C46CD-4E17-4A16-A387-C0B158EA5A9E-htm.html

Would you please show me where you get this option?

Thanks.

Xiaoping

This example is taken from your 1st post... See red highlight

Command: .arraypath
Select objects: 1 found

Select objects:
Type = Path Associative = Yes

Select path curve:
Enter number of items along path or [[color="red"]Orientation[/color]/Expression] <[color="red"]Orientation[/color]>: M Requires an integer between 1 an 32767, or option keyword.

That one was the echo from the arraypath executed from the code. If you use arraypath command directly in autocad command line, you don't get that Orientation option.

It seems that when you use the command directly, the options and arguments provided/required are different from the one executed within lisp (command ".." ...). It doesn't make sense. Where are these documented?

You are absolutely right. I have noticed that. M also 1st time came across such things. Normally command executes in same manner from Manual and automatic operation in autocad. I don't think there will any documentary on this. I would be interested if it is available. In such scenario experience n practice comes into picture.

• 1 year later...
That one was the echo from the arraypath executed from the code. If you use arraypath command directly in autocad command line, you don't get that Orientation option.

It seems that when you use the command directly, the options and arguments provided/required are different from the one executed within lisp (command ".." ...). It doesn't make sense. Where are these documented?

If I execute ARRAYPATH manually (command line), then it works how I want it to, but if I try to make it a script or macro (I'm using LT), the options are totally different and it doesn't work. What is the logic behind this and how do I work around it?

There is a need in our office for us to do an array along a centreline on a pretty regular basis, so it would be better to have a button to press rather than having to manually type all the options in every time.

• 7 years later...

Can we use trim command in autolisp. IF I want trim some particular coodinate points means how to do that,Can u pls send me a sample code for trim command

Just write down what you do now manually, that is the basics of your lisp code. The steps have to be in lisp code format.

You can use Logfileon to record the manual steps, logfileoff to turn off logfile, the Log file is stored in your temporary directory path, look at Options, FIle, temporary path for location.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1