Trouble with Toolspace in 2016

sandiegophil

Hello all,

I am having a small problem with my 2016 network deployment. it seems silly but you know how delicate end-users can be. When 2016 starts they have to click on toolspace to have it open. Where is the setting I need to modify so that when 2016 opens the toolspace is open as well? I can get the palettes to be open when it starts but not toolspace.

thanks for any and all assistance!

Phil

Open C3D

Open the Toolspace

Save the workspace (you can overwrite Civil 3D workspace)

Close C3D

Reopen C3D

Is the Toolspace open now?

If not, something could be calling the "Toolspace" command at startup, which will close an otherwise open Toolspace.

Open C3D

Open the Toolspace

Save the workspace (you can overwrite Civil 3D workspace)

Close C3D

Reopen C3D

Is the Toolspace open now?

If not, something could be calling the "Toolspace" command at startup, which will close an otherwise open Toolspace.

What rkmcswain said. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't save over Civil 3D but left open Toolspace. Then did the exact same thing. Saved, closed and reopened. Ta-Da! it stayed open. Good luck.

Miller

• 1 year later...

Just stumbled upon this issue myself, after restoring default settings to fix another, hopefully unrelated issue - Toolspace is not being saved to my custom workspaces, at all.

Toolspace is open when I close, and is open when I launch a new session.

Depending on my task at the time, I frequently change the application window from being maximized on a single monitor, to spanning two or three monitors (more often two). I have specific workspaces for various configurations: plans production / cutting sheets, site layout / grading / pipe networks / profiles, etc.

Toolspace shows fine... Until I restore a workspace... at which point it is turned off.

I've re-positioned Toolspace, the crappy 'always changing width' Command Line (when undocked, but 'snapped' just above status bar, regardless of UI Lock, grrrr), etc. and saved the workspace again using save as, I've saved new workspaces as test, and none of them properly restore the bleeping Toolspace.

Given the recent issue linked above, where - the cliff notes version is - only my Tangent OSNAP stopped working, of all things, I'm starting to wonder if there's still 'something' still not right in my 2016 install post-restore default settings.

If anyone has ever seen something like this with workspaces failing to save Toolspace, kindly educate me as to how you fixed it?

Cheers