rev symbol and labels

bjenk8100

Hello,

I just made labels for every field I need in my title block sheet. I figure if the fields are very similar I would use same label but just edit label name not type. Revision numbers for instance. I do not see anywhere to add symbols within inserting label. This true? If so I cannot draw a triangle around my revision number when number is inserted as a label. The labels text box overlaps my text number. For those that do not know, it is drawing standards to have your revision numbers inside triangles. I am able to do this with regular non label text. I guess I will plan on doing that if I do not hear otherwise.

Tnx

I have other issues with tab size and snapping to a line without making it disappear. I can throw stuff together to make it look somewhat professional but really annoying. Are labels not suppose to be near lines without making them disappear?

1. Revisions are handled by a Revision Schedule, not Labels. Use this instead.

2. See my other post referring to text that masks linework when too close: change the Text Properties from opaque to transparent.

oh,

I found the revision schedule in view tab. Thanks! Never saw it before. I guess I have to draw triangles around numbers over table?

oh,

I found the revision schedule in view tab. Thanks! Never saw it before. I guess I have to draw triangles around numbers over table?

Don't worry about the delta around each number in the revision schedule. If you let the schedule be, it'll work in your favor and the deltas will just get in the way of the automation Revit applies.

If you need a revision delta for the clouded areas on the plan, you can create a Generic Annotation and use an Instance Based Label.

ive researched maybe Im doing something wrong. Lot of posts around say you cannot rotate schedule in sheet. I have been doing my titleblock in family with titleblock template. It auto put me in a sheet. I created my table then dragged it from project browser tree to sheet. Clicked on it and hit rotate and set rotate ray and tried 90 deg with no luck.

I see that you can only rotate once drug into sheet from drop down.
I'm not quite sure I'm understanding. Why would you need to rotate it any more than once? Once it's in place, that's it.

I only figured out how to rotate in my sheet not in revision schedule edit mode. And no I do not need to rotate it more than once I like mine on right side flipped horizontally on a landscape layout. I just did not see that rotate drop down at first in sheet when schedule was highlighted. Im use to manually doing things I guess. I do not see any need to have to rotate it 45 deg but I would like to know that I could if I needed to.