Line color differs over another line

mickeforsberg

Hello,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I'm not sure what to search for.

I just have one question. I have a layer with a black line. Over that I have another line from another layer, colored yellow.

However, the yellow color differs slightly from the color I have chosen, when the line is drawn over the black line. Looks like it's about 50/50 of each color.

I have tried to put the yellow line "above object" and sending back the black line. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I uploaded an image to illustrate. The right example is what I'm trying to get, without breaking the black line beneath.KlrvYVo.png

Thanks!

Are you positive that the two lines are exactly lined up precisely on top of one another? Are the lines different lineweights? Is there any transparency property assigned to the yellow layer? Is this on the screen, plot preview or the hardcopy?

Can you post the drawing where this behavior is occurring. An image doesn't give us much to go on.

Are you positive that the two lines are exactly lined up precisely on top of one another? Are the lines different lineweights? Is there any transparency property assigned to the yellow layer? Is this on the screen, plot preview or the hardcopy?

Can you post the drawing where this behavior is occurring. An image doesn't give us much to go on.

Yes of course, I have uploaded an example file here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14778079/Ljungbygarden_kallarplan%20-%20Kopia.dwg

The line weight seem to differ as you said, but I can't see any difference if I change it. Both are "ByLayer".

I am totally new at this so I don't know what the screen, plot preview or hardcopy is I'm afraid!

Thank you for your assistance!

I am totally new at this so I don't know what the screen, plot preview or hardcopy is I'm afraid!
the Screen is your computer screen, the plot preview is the same as the print preview, and the hardcopy is the printed piece of paper. Right now it is dinner time here. I will look at your drawing and see if I can find what the issue is in a couple of hours.

A couple of things an old problem some plot drivers have a on/off to do with draw order, not sure about say dwg to pdf. This corrects crossing lines so the correct one is on top.

A silly way helped me for a different problem is move the yellow to a new z say 1 v's 0.0

the Screen is your computer screen

Oh, right. That's pretty logical.

In that case it's on screen and on plot preview. Hard copy I cannot say as I have not printed it.

A couple of things an old problem some plot drivers have a on/off to do with draw order, not sure about say dwg to pdf. This corrects crossing lines so the correct one is on top.

A silly way helped me for a different problem is move the yellow to a new z say 1 v's 0.0

I was about to try this at work on a different machine, and it seems to have resolved itself. I will try opening the file again on my home computer where the problem occurred.

Perhaps a restart is all it took, I don't believe I tried that actually.

I looked at the drawing, and still can't tell you what is causing this.

I use a black drawing background and cannot see the black line through the yellow line, but when I change the yellow line draw order, I can see the yellow slightly through the black line, which is exactly the opposite of what you see.

By the way, I have noticed since 2014, black lines do show up on a black background but they are seriously dark gray. I suspect that the video drivers in AutoCad display black lines as only nearly black so they can actually be found on a black background. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

My conclusion is there is nothing wrong, just pretend it isn't happening because it will plot just fine. I printed it out here on letter size and the lines look OK.

It seems to have something to do with "Smooth line display" under Effect settings, when disabled the line shows correct color!
Yes, you are right. It may be some sort of light bleed over from pixel to pixel that happens when the smooth switch is thrown. I also noticed the issue goes away when lineweight display is turned on.

Yes, you are right. It may be some sort of light bleed over from pixel to pixel that happens when the smooth switch is thrown. I also noticed the issue goes away when lineweight display is turned on.

Thank you for your help! Perhaps I should stick to ugly lines, if it brings less confusion. Thanks!

Thank you for your help! Perhaps I should stick to ugly lines, if it brings less confusion. Thanks!

If it is avoiding ugly you need, then AutoCad may not be the proper place to look.:rofl: