Lags

m_sherif005

Hi

My DWG file after some routine drawings like block making ... now very slowly work in zoom in zoom outs and drawing commands.

Even though my file size is 27 MB

Tryed:

WBlock

Insert to another new drawing

Purge

Audit

Is there a solution for my prob?

Do you have lots of DGN Linetypes perhaps?

What visual style are you using?

If you aren't using 2D Wireframe, try it, and see if it helps.

there is no any several DGN line types.

Visual style is 2D :geek:

I guess this problem somehow related to my Mtext objects...?!!

Might you have LOTS of textstyles which are not in use?

no there is not several text styles

But i have an unknown text style which its name contains "$" sign

Is this the matter?

If this is the matter, How to delete it?

Purge did not delete it...!

What version and vertical of AutoCAD are you using?

Do you have any xrefs? They do not add to the drawing size, but can be slower to regen.

Make sure all your layers are turned on. Frozen layers will not slow you down, but off layers will.

Do you have a lot of layer filters?

Did you copy and paste from other drawings?

Check out all the blocks in your drawing to see if you've created some large ones you don't need.

Hi

My DWG file after some routine drawings like block making ... now very slowly work in zoom in zoom outs and drawing commands.

Even though my file size is 27 MB

27MB is really quite large for a dwg file. It would help to know what you're drawing or what you're doing to cause such a large file size. Can you post some screenshots or upload your file to an external file host and then post a link to the download here? Be sure to use Etransmit to create a zip file containing everything associated with this drawing.

What version and vertical of AutoCAD are you using?

Do you have any xrefs? They do not add to the drawing size, but can be slower to regen.

Make sure all your layers are turned on. Frozen layers will not slow you down, but off layers will.

Do you have a lot of layer filters?

Did you copy and paste from other drawings?

Check out all the blocks in your drawing to see if you've created some large ones you don't need.

1-AutoCAd 2012

2-There is not any xrefs

3-No not any layer filters or frozen or off layers

4-***Yes i repeatedly copy and paste from other drawings***

5-When i purge my drawing all unusable blocks and styles will be delete.

Dear Cad64

My file contains 1:500 plan topography of a island, So its size is normal as i have larger files in this type of maps in 98MB file size but AutoCAD works with ease on it!

Unfortunately can not send file.

Regards

its size is normal as i have larger files in this type of maps in 98MB file size but AutoCAD works with ease on it!

There is something different about that file, then. It could be any of a number of things. A couple weeks ago I was working on a file that was lagging badly. When doing basic modifications, I'd have to wait for over a minute sometimes for the blue circle to stop spinning only to have it start again when I moved my cursor. It took some time and some careful observation to narrow it down to a block that was widely used but only certain instances of it. Those instances were mirrored. It turns out that if you have snaps within hatches activated, a block with a hatch that is associative, that block is mirrored, OSnaps active, and move your cursor over one of those blocks, AutoCAD pukes.

I'm in no way suggesting that is the cause but it could be something just as unexpected. You may need to do a careful comparison/examination/analysis of that file and one that doesn't lag. Also, be observant of what you are doing just before a lag. You may notice a pattern.

Post your observations back here.

Yes i repeatedly copy and paste from other drawings.

When i purge my drawing all unusable blocks and styles will be delete.

Pasting as a block creates blocks with names starting with "A$" like "A$C14A16671".

Even if you explode the block it's definition is still taking up space in the drawing.

Like Cad64 said "27MB is really quite large for a dwg file", few of mine are over 10MB. While I would have difficulty with your drawing as long as you have the right hardware you should be ok. An aerial image would slow this down considerable as well. I keep aerials on their own layer & only turn them on for plotting. Takes me 5 minutes to pan with them on.