-WBLOCK Command from Command Line?

Has anyone ever had success using the command lind version of WBLOCK, -WBLOCK when calling it from a macro.

First I have to switch FileDia to 0, no problem.

I then want to nominate a path and file name, no problem.

I nominate the base point using the @ command to call the last coordinates clicked.

But then the object disappears! What I really want is for that object to convert to a block (which the dialog box allows for) but the -WBLOCK command is not so straight forward.

attachment.php?attachmentid=55474&cid=1&stc=1

WBLOCK Dialog.PNG

Looking at the help file, that is recognised behaviour for the -wblock command, the objects can be reinstated with the oops command, but not as a block, I think an aditional insert may be the only answer!

steven-g, yes it is for a macro.

I cannot seem to insert it back in because the new block does not show up in the insert block definition list. Although, maybe I can call it directly from its file location.

Hmmm, I'll check it out. I'll also check out JGA's solution, it is not immediately clear to me what it is getting at, so I am eager to learn. Thanks for the input!

I'll let you know how it goes.

my guess is that your insert point of 0,0,0 is a long way from the geometry and it has disappeared off screen.

For that reason I generally use copy with basepoint using the point I want for the block's insert point, then paste it into a new drawing @ 0,0 then saving the drawing rather than using block commands.

• 1 month later...

That did it JGA. I still don't quite understand the difference between the 2 commands -WBLOCLK and -BLOCK. However, I can get a working tool with -BLOCK!

SetEnv;BlockName;\FileDia;0;-Block;$M=$(GetEnv,BlockName);@;P;;-Insert;$M=$(GetEnv,BlockName);@;1;1;0;