going nuts trying to find default

sandiegophil

Hello,

I cannot find the default settings that control the point label style for a surface. I start a new drawing with no template, import an xml surface, turn on some contours and the points. I cannot find where that sneaky elevation style is hidden in order to change it. All help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

phil

I don't use CIVIL, but Edit Surface Style looks to me, to be where you should start.

The one you find there will be your default.

There is probably a NEW option avialable in the dialog, give your new style a new name, and start editing up a storm.

Starting a project in a "blank" dwt is a real problem with CIV3D I would always import into a known DWT that has the styles you want to use, you will find that you will have to add styles or import styles to get what you are after. Even like Dadgad you may find when you go to Edit style you only have the one that came in with the XML.

LandXML is a format used across multiple platforms, and so does not store Style definitions.

Your screen shot appears to depict a point embedded within the Surface, which means you'll have to modify the Surface Style just as the context menu makes available.

More information is needed - please post a sample drawing.

BlackBox,

I zipped up everything to post and double-checked what I had and the labels were gone. it seems this only happens when you start a new file with no template and import an xml file. i can get it to do it every time but once I close the file and repair it the labels are gone.

anyway, my thanks to all of you for your assistance. I can always count on this group for support.

regards,

phil