VBA - Draw a polyline after run macro

magnus2005

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to do macro:

1.start module

2. Drawing polyline in auto cad (like normal you draw poly in cad using pline comannd)

3. End drawing poly

4. Take coords of new poly and change colors.

It is example algorithm but its show you how I want to create polyline. Instead of put poly using coords from variable I want normally draw poly to use function i.e orto or sample to see shape. My program will be to draw poly and after poly will be preparated to draw. It is possible to do it way I want?

Edited by magnus2005

It may be possible to simulate the real-time, dynamic feedback that you described by continually adding lines, and using GetPoint with the previous Line’s endpoint as a Base. At the end, the lines could be erased and the proper polyline created.

One major drawback would be if you wanted to account for arcs – I don’t think the Arc/Bulge creation sequence of the polyline command could be re-created via VBA.

If you have a list of points ((12 34)(56 78) .... this will draw a pline

; list is coordsxy
(command "_PLINE")
(while (= (getvar "cmdactive") 1 ) 
(repeat (length co-ordsxy)
(command  (nth (setq x (+ x 1)) co-ordsxy))
)

I know how to create polyline if I have list of point. Thing is I want to run command pline so that user can draw poly. Getting point is not enough for me, I need to see what I am drawing. Getting points is useless because you can choose point about different coordinations i.e I want to draw vertical line but second point choosen has different x than first.

My VBA is rusty so I'm not going to take this very far (only as far as drawing the lines). Here is some code illustrating what I suggested above.

Sub Example_AddLine()

Dim strPrompt As String
Dim dblPt() As Double
Dim dblNextPt() As Double
Dim blnTrue As Boolean
Dim lineObj As AcadLine

strPrompt = "Get First Point: "
blnTrue = True
  With ThisDrawing.Utility
     On Error Resume Next
     dblPt = .GetPoint(, strPrompt)
     If Err.Number <> 0 Then Exit Sub

Do While blnTrue = True
       strPrompt = "Get Next Point: "
       dblNextPt = .GetPoint(dblPt, strPrompt)
       If Err.Number <> 0 Then blnTrue = False
       Set lineObj = ThisDrawing.ModelSpace.AddLine(dblPt, dblNextPt)
       dblPt = dblNextPt
   Loop

On Error GoTo 0
   End With

End Sub

The GetPoint method will respect the Ortho setting during input, though not if an object snap is used. You would have to code your own logic if that combination is to be addressed.

See screencast of code in action.

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/46bb9fdd-e8b6-49c7-91de-f7ea2f113ef7

I'm sorry but you missunderstand me. Your advice is very helpfull and thank you for it. But I 'm disappointed to vba cannot do that.

Edited by magnus2005