Plotting with Color Book's Color to Monochrome or Grayscale

toxicsquall

I'm trying to plot one of my drawings to grayscale or monochrome style, but my lines and 3d polylines are colored with a color from a color book. When I try to plot, it will plot with the real color, even if I chose the Monochrome or Grayscale plot style. What can I do?

(╥﹏╥)

Are the colors you choose TrueColors? I read somewhere that TrueColors always print in color. I also think it makes a difference if you use a .CTB and .STB pen style file.

See if the link below helps you:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Plotting-True-Color-objects-in-monochrome.html

Edited by CADMASTER1128
Added link for OP

Change the colors back to the index colors or convert the file to an .STB file. But unless you already know about .stb files I would just change the colors. Or maybe there is a setting on the plotter to only plot b/w.

I did this and worked in one of my files, but in another it doesnt.

To plot True Color objects in black and white, you will have to convert the plot style table from CTB format (Color Dependant Plot Style Table) to STB format (Named Plot Style Table) and then configure the DWG file to use this STB file instead of the CTB file.

To convert your CTB file to an STB file

On the command line, enter convertctb

In the Select File dialog box, select the CTB file that you want to convert and then click Open.

In the Create File dialog box, enter a name for the new STB file and then click Save.

To configure your DWG file to use the STB file

On the command line, enter convertpstyles

Click OK.

In the Select File dialog box, select the STB file that you have created and then click Open.

When I attempt to plot but the list of plot styles doesnt show the STB files. What can I do?

I did this and worked in one of my files, but in another it doesnt.

When I attempt to plot but the list of plot styles doesnt show the STB files. What can I do?

You only use CONVERTCTB once (it doesn't matter what file you are in as long as it is a CTB file), this will create the STB. Now every drawing that is already set to use CTB has to be converted with CONVERTPSTYLES and then you point to the new STB file. The newly created STB will have R14 color mapping in it (required when using CONVERTPSTYLES) where the ones that come with AutoCAD won't have that. Now point to another STB that doesn't have the R14 color mapping, you will be able to edit that one and add plot styles, etc.

Any layer, object, etc. set to a named plot style of Normal will plot in the color it is set to, so move any of those items to a named plot style set to plot B&W.

Replace all the ink wells in the printer with black ink. In the long run cheaper and faster than all the man hours your gonna waste trying to figure this out. Sigh, if only it really was this simple. ;)