Lost functionality in 2016

momentumbob

Greetings all

I have upgrade from Inventor 2011 to 2016. There are some functions which seem to be lost in the revised version. In 2011 you could right click on a part (drawing space or browser) and have the option to open the .dwg of the part. I can't see how to do this in 2016. It was a great convenience. In 2011 when you are placing a base view in the .dwg there was the option to place the part in the drawing in the "Current" view. This was very valuable for me. I don't see how to do this in 2016. I run with a grey screen since it noticeably reduces eye strain. When selecting faces for constraint the preview directional arrow is also grey, making it difficult to see. Can the colour of this be changed and, if so, how ?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided

Bob

Not sure I understand the open the .idw of the part. Can you post a picture of the menu you see in 2011?

You can chance the grey arrow to a nice bright red arrow. OPTION>COLOUR in the reflection environment it need to say ParkingLot.dds and not Chrome.dds. change the colour scheme on the right to select a theme at shows ParkingLot.dds in the reflection environment.

Not sure I understand the open the .idw of the part. Can you post a picture of the menu you see in 2011?

You can chance the grey arrow to a nice bright red arrow. OPTION>COLOUR in the reflection environment it need to say ParkingLot.dds and not Chrome.dds. change the colour scheme on the right to select a theme at shows ParkingLot.dds in the reflection environment.

Thanks for your response Lazer

Sadly, I no longer have access to Inventor 2011. If you right mouse click on a part in an assembly in 2011 you were provided the option of selecting to either open the "Part" or the "Drawing" (as well as other functions) . This was very convenient. I lament the exclusion of this in 2016.

How would I navigate to the reflection environment ? As a senior citizen I am astonishingly inept at finding my way around.

How would I navigate to the reflection environment ? As a senior citizen I am astonishingly inept at finding my way around.

See picture below. Option>Colour

colour1.jpg

Edited by Lazer

Thanks CZC, that's the function for which I was searching. In the course of looking for it I found where the "Convert to Weldment" now resides so it has been a good day.

O.K. Lazer, I got it. I had to change to "Winter Day" colour scheme to get the red arrow but I am fine with that. Thanks for your help. Have a good day.

Bob