Selecting annotative scale for attributes

I have a bunch of blocks with attributes that are annotative with a scale of 1/8"=1' which is the same as my view port scale. 90% of the time all my drawings are at this scale. But time to time I have a drawing that I do at 1/4"=1' scale. So is there a way that I can select my annotative scale for my attributes. I have already added the 1/4th scale to the attributes and selected the 1/4th scale in model space for annotative objects but my attributes remain at the 1/8th scale, there must be something that I'm doing wrong just not sure what it is.

Did you add the annotative scales to the attributes in the block editor? I think that is the only way they stick. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Normally, I just make the whole block annotative, and don't bother making anything inside the block separately annotative, especially if it will be used at more than one scale.

Yes I did add the scales in with the block editor but I was reading where if you created annotative attributes then only the scale you created them at would work. I tried to make my blocks annotative but I had issues with the blocks in relation to the geometry that was around them. I need my blocks to scale with the rest of everything else equally. I did come across this from a previous post by Glenn1980 "Morning Chaps. My colleague appears to have found the answer. OBJECTSCALE then select the relevant block, add the scales you want, then ATTSYNC. You may have to ATTSYNC every scale once the scale is set in model or paper space." gonna try this and see what happens.

I'm with Dana. In general, if the block is annotative, then the attributes in it are not. That way they scale with the rest of the block. I have not had a block that needed additional annotative properties within the block definition.

Your right about scaling the block uniformly, but I have to show a coverage pattern with my blocks over a specified area so the pattern of the block has to scale evenly with the rest of the drawing when I change the scale of the view port. I suppose it would not be that hard to create new blocks with the 1/4th scale since it's just a minor change and I can use the existing blocks to do it. And to answer your question that you will ask me the reason I use attributes is because my devices have to labeled individually and using attributes are the easiest and fasted way to do that for me. But if someone has a different idea I'm all about trying it out.

So, your blocks are not annotative. The attributes within are, though. Right?

I would try adding the 1/4" scale to the attributes. Is that what you are doing?

Right the blocks are not annotative but the attributes are. When I created the attributes I scaled them to 1/8". If tried adding the 1/4" scale and syncing the scales but it doesn't work. Either this cant be done in autocad or I'm doing something wrong.

I was messing around this morning and I edited my 1/8th scale to =2' which made all my 1/8th annotative attributes go to 2' in model space and 1/8th in paper space. So It's much easier to create a 1/4th template than to save a bunch of new blocks and increasing my file size. I'm still open about how to make multiple scales work with one block. If someone can come up with a way to make annotative attributes with multiple scales work with a non-annotative block I'm sure there's some sort of prize Cad Tudor would give them.

I looked at the block in block editor and didn't find a block in a block. I had to copy and paste the block in it's own drawing because the block resides in my template (that's another story) which created a block out of a block, when I downloaded the block from the forum I found what you found RobDraw and knew I had forgotten to explode it before posting. However I realized that my viewport and annotative scales were synced. I found if I didn't sync the scales then I can have my viewport at 1/4th scale for model space and my annotative scale at 1/8th scale. I don't care what the text looks like in model space it's paper space that important. Once I selected the viewport and clicked on properties it worked out. I knew it was something I was doing wrong.