Turn off line dialogue box

peterg

It may be selection cycling.

Set the system variable SELECTIONCYCLING to zero (0). Or you can simply ignore it. Once you shift the cursor a bit, it goes away and lets you have whatever you clicked on.

The day will come when you will miss it. How else will you select the line under the line, under the line, under the line, when you really need it?

I never use SelectionCycling and rarely use quick properties. From my acaddoc.lsp:

(if (/= (getvar 'qpmode) -2)(progn(setvar 'qpmode -2)(princ "\nQPMODE to -2.  When toggled on only for selected objects supported in the CUI for display with quick properties.")))
(if (> (getvar 'selectioncycling) 0)(progn(setvar 'selectioncycling (- (getvar 'selectioncycling)))(princ "\nTurn \"selectioncycling\" off. SELECTIONCYCLING")))
(princ "\nTo Select Objects Close Together: Hover+Shift+Spacebar to Cycle then pick to select visable object.")
(princ)

I keep my Properties palettes anchored and auto-hidden to the right, no need for a partial version.

I heard that SelectionCycling may be useful when working in 3D, but have not come across a use for it so far while using Civil 3D. Easily toggled from the Hamburger icon should the need ever arise.