Network License Issue

profcad

We are running Autodesk Building Suite. Both AutoCAD and Revit have the same serial numbers.

When I start AutoCAD 2016, it hangs during the processing of checking for Network License.

If I load Revit first, then load AutoCAD, it finds the Network License with no hesitation.

The problem only happens on my office computer, not the lab or classroom computer.

NLM is on a virtual server and has been for years.

Any ideal what may be the problem?

• 1 month later...

Yes I'm still having issues.

I just borrowed the licenses since I couldn't find a solution.

I will be installing a new computer at the end of the month, so I wasn't going to spend anymore time messing with it.

Yes I'm still having issues.

I just borrowed the licenses since I couldn't find a solution.

I will be installing a new computer at the end of the month, so I wasn't going to spend anymore time messing with it.

Hi Procad, i used to have the same issue like you had because our autocad licenses were istalled via network not on standalone machine. ex: if the company bought for 10 licenses and everyone in the office are using them, the guy on number 11 has to wait. I ended up borrowed license and returned when i finished. Don't know if anyone have other solution.

Edited by Sengna

First thought on it was a timeout

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-A-valid-license-could-not-be-obtained-by-the-network-license-manager.html

Second thought was checking that AutoCAD knows the path to the license server

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-specify-license-servers-using-the-ADSKFLEX-LICENSE-FILE-environment-variable-s.html

Would also check how lmtools appears under server server status for Revit 2016 and subsequently AutoCAD 2016 for your license server. Version of lmtools should be ok unless you have a distributed license server model and all versions not the same

Anyhow, fresh install on a new computer should fix the issue