Plotting PDFs

zzxcvb

Hello,

I'm having a issue with pdfs plotted from CAD that are being used for Bluebeam software where the pdf is unusable. The file size is less that 1mb, I have unticked the box to include layer information in the plot pdf options, but the file is sluggish zooming in and out etc.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum!

I use Bluebeam CAD with Civil3d 2015 and have no issues. This isn't something I've heard of before but we'll need more information to help you out.

Thanks!

I don't use Bluebeam myself, but I'm creating the pdfs from CAD. I've been told that the file is sluggish zooming in and out and to print the pdf file from Bluebeam is taking upwards of 10mins. For me printing the pdf from Adobe takes seconds!

I'm not sure if its a layer issue? The CAD drawing isn't complicated - all the hatching is solid, transparency is byLayer...

Cheers

Thanks, but this won't be possible as i don't use Bluebeam and the pdf was for someone else to use. I was hoping to resolve the issue via CAD, but i'm not sure how!?

Hello,

I'm having a issue with pdfs plotted from CAD that are being used for Bluebeam software where the pdf is unusable. The file size is less that 1mb, I have unticked the box to include layer information in the plot pdf options, but the file is sluggish zooming in and out etc.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Cheers!

Which ***.pc3 file or printer/plotter are you using. Sounds like you may be generating raster (image) pdf's instead of vector.

Which ***.pc3 file or printer/plotter are you using. Sounds like you may be generating raster (image) pdf's instead of vector.

I think Dana is right make sure your creating a pdf that bluebeam can use. I don't have any clients that use bluebeam but if the file is sluggish and slow to print it may be the software is choking on the info in the file. Does Lt have an option to export as a pdf instead of going the plot route?

Yes, it does, at least 2015/16 does. It also has Batch Plot, and Publish, both of which allow choosing whether to include layer and block information. (They are both actually the Publish command. Batch plot is simply a pretty button for it.

Maybe it is the block info choking it up. OP should make sure to check that too, and to NOT use straight PLOT to pdf from the layout screen, but to use either batch plot or publish which will use the above mentioned check-off items.

Hi all,

Thank you for your responses. I've been using the plot command and the DWG to PDF pc3 plotter. I will try exporting as a pdf and let you know how i get on!

Many thanks

I have not used BlueBeam but with the price tag that it has, I would think that it should be able to handle raster, as well as vector, PDFs with ease. I'm actually leaning towards it being a local issue on the part of that particular recipient using BlueBeam.

Could you please post one of the problem PDFs? If there really is an issue, we might be able to spot what it is. I know at least one person that can test it on Blue Beam.

Hi all,

The problem has been solved!!!

It seems it was an issue when I plotted the DWG to PDF, Bluebeam couldn't handle the file. When i Exported the DWG to PDf and done the usual unticking layer information in the options the file worked fine. I also tried the publish option and the file also worked fine.

I'm not sure why plotting doesn't work, but i'll definitely be exporting from now on!

Thank you all for your help!!