Windows 10 killed my plotting

jvanabel

Since I updated to Windows 10 my plotting isn't the same. Now, in a 24x36 tab with a 24x36 titleblock, I click the dropdown for printer/plotter to switch to DWG to PDF...but is switches from a 24x36 to a ANSI A (11.00 x 8.50 Inches) by default. Can you please show me where to go in setting/options to change this. It used to be, and I would love it to be, a PDF 24x36 default.:?

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/cb1796c0-5339-41fe-b337-46f4bb317651

There is no connection between which plotter (dwg to pdf.pc3) you pick and which paper you pick. Each one is saved in the page layout, as separate parameters within each drawing. The Ansi A size is the AutoCad basic default for paper size. Select the plotter, then select the paper, then click the OK button.

I have not changed OS and each new layout or new plotter choice comes up with letter sized paper as the default, because that is the default for my system printer.

Untitled.jpg

Installing the new OS must have initialized some AutoCad registry stuff for printer connections. The same thing happened to me when I upgraded to 8.1

Dana, since I purchased this AutoCAD LT last year, it came preset to plot PDF's in an 'ARCH full bleed D (36.00 x 24.00 Inches) but now has changed.

I just figured it out...in 'OPTIONS', 'PLOT AND PUBLISH', 'Add or Configure Plotters...', double click 'DWG To PDF.pc3', expand 'Media', select 'Source and Size

It must have been preset in one of the dwt (acadlt.dwt for instance) files OR in the drawing you first opened with it, with the two parameters already selected.

However it got there, it is either coincidence, or maybe AutoCad remembers the last used paper size with a particular plotter/printer, once one is used.

The plotter selected doesn't drive the paper size, other than in how many sizes a particular plotter/printer is capable of handling.

Maybe the OS install wiped out AutoCad's memory of the last used paper size with the selected plotter.

To tell you the truth, I am not sure of anything except that AutoCad has a lot of code. It is a big program. I just tested my Drawing1.dwg without a template. On layout1, dwg to pdf.pc3 defaulted to ANSI D Full Bleed 24 x 36, which is fine, because that is the size I have been using for about 10 years. However, layout2 defaulted to 8.5 x 11 for the same plotter selection. >>shrug

I just figured it out...in 'OPTIONS', 'PLOT AND PUBLISH', 'Add or Configure Plotters...', double click 'DWG To PDF.pc3', expand 'Media', select 'Source and Size
Yeah, then there's the easy way.:facepalm:

For some reason, that just didn't occur to me. Maybe because it's been almost a year since I had to mess with it, when I went up to 8.1. Or, it was the 16 hour day I had yesterday. I hate working from home. Nobody locks the doors and makes me leave.

I had the same here...I just opened up an old drawing and a new one, set up to plot, switched to DWG to PDF...they both now are ARCH D full bleed 24x36...easy drop down to get to the 18x24 if I need to.