Creating Isometric slope hatches in AutoCAD 2014? HELP!

tmelancon

In your GIF I see you choosing both end points. When I try and replicate that action, I get the error in result. But in your GIF you clearly are able to perform the routine with two end points of the line at that specific angle. Any thoughts?

Note that the lines in my example are not at exactly 30/60/90/120/150/180/210/240/270/300/330 degree angles.

At what angle are the two points you are trying?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmelancon

• Lee Mac

• ROBP

• rlx

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those are precisely the angles we are using, gosh what a major coincidence....... Ok so is this something that can be overidden or solved? Or maybe I should +1 each angle from here on out (i.e. 31/61/91/121/151...etc)?

I have updated my earlier code to remove the incorrect restriction on angles 60/120/240/300 (and I have also revised the offset/scale parameters given that it would appear that your drawings have a much smaller scale than anticipated); however, I am still unsure of the correct result for lines which are drawn at angles within the following shaded regions:

acuteisoangles.png

Everything looks good Lee, your programming skills and ability to write upon request is mindblowing and I wish to possess those traits one day.. Maybe we can also add a simple prompt for the user to be able to enter user specific hatch angles everytime at the start of the routine? Just a thought so it could have a little more versatility instead of having separate lisp routine with different hatch angles.

Thank you for your kind compliments, though my query regarding how to proceed for angles within the shaded regions in the above diagram is still unanswered - should the program simply ignore such angles (as it currently does)?

Those lines appear to have been drawn at standard isometric angles (i.e. 30 or NORTH, 150 or WEST, 210 or SOUTH, 330 or EAST) which 99% of the time wont require a hatched slope because they typically represent a 90 degree angle. We do not hatch 90 degree angles in our industry. Also, all angles not hatched or labeled are to be assumed as 90 degree angles. See illustration. Does this answer your query Lee? Looking forward to hearing back.

attachment.php?attachmentid=55785&cid=1&stc=1

45.jpg

Regardless, your code is still on point and definitely going to be a big help from having to manually do it before. If we have to get creative for other angles then so be it. There are lots of crazy angles I see some of our CAD guys drawing.