no light from render

xeniup

I have a house and try to render.

The problem is my windows are all black. Before doing the render I give the glass material and I see inside and outside, but after render no lights from outside.

Are you rendering from outside the house or inside? Have you enabled Global Illumination? Do you have lights inside the house? Are you using Sun and Sky for exterior light?

Can you provide the render for us to see?

I enabled both of them.

I created a simple file, so I can use the similar solution.

In this case I do not want to use only the outside light.

I watched a lot of tutorials but I am missing a point somewhere.

I ll send the file and you can see.

best regards

renderi dritare.dwg

I see your glass window is just a single surface. As far as I know, Autocad does not have a 2 sided option for materials, so it just applies the material to one face only. In your case, the glass is see through only from the outside of the building. You will need to rotate your glass surface 180 degrees so the surface will be see through from the inside looking out.

The other option would be to replace the single sided glass surface with a solid box object. Apply your glass material to the solid box and it will be see through from both sides. This makes more sense anyway because glass in the real world is not paper thin. It does have some thickness to it.

It worked the second option. Thank you very much and I really appreciate the help. Hope to hear in the future.

p.s. ( I didnt understand how to rotate 180 degree. I can see from both sides - from outside inside and verse but before render)

any way no pb, have a good Sunday.

p.s. ( I didnt understand how to rotate 180 degree. I can see from both sides - from outside inside and verse but before render)

Yes, in model space, you can rotate around the model and see through from both sides, but when you are rendering, the glass material is only calculated from one side, so the back side of the glass surface is black. If you rotate the glass surface 180 degrees, the back side of the glass surface will be on the outside, so if you render from inside the room, you will be able to see through to the outside. But anyway, the better option is to create a solid object.