exercises on civil and architect drafts

man99

Greeting everyone,

I recently finished studying AutoCad tools and options.

I am a civil engineer and I will be glad if someone provide me with exercises on civil or architect drawings .

Thanks very much :roll:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• man99

• ReMark

• Dana W

• mikekmx

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Dana and waiting for extra exercises :lol:

you did that one in 3 mins?

perhaps draw the building you live in, rather than duplicate an existing drawing (that has had the real work done for you).

you did that one in 3 mins?

perhaps draw the building you live in, rather than duplicate an existing drawing (that has had the real work done for you).

:?:?:?

No my dear , I do not mean I do the last exercise but I just collect it to exercises which I already have and thanks very much for you wonderful tip .:)

What kinds of civil engineering drawings would you be interested in?

I am interesting on structural details and architectural drawings for buildings , 2d or 3d .

Search in the Student Questions forum for the Oleson Village project. I'm pretty sure someone has attached the 054039.pdf for this particular civil engineering exercise. It involves laying out about a half dozen roads, a small subdivision, curbs, sidewalks, parking strips, and a number of trees some of which will be designated as to be removed while others will remain. That should give you something to do for a while. Note that it is all done using imperial units which is why I asked my earlier question regarding where you were located. If you are used to metric units you might have a bit of trouble although it is still entirely doable.

:excited::excited::excited:
Search in the Student Questions forum for the Oleson Village project. I'm pretty sure someone has attached the 054039.pdf for this particular civil engineering exercise. It involves laying out about a half dozen roads, a small subdivision, curbs, sidewalks, parking strips, and a number of trees some of which will be designated as to be removed while others will remain. That should give you something to do for a while. Note that it is all done using imperial units which is why I asked my earlier question regarding where you were located. If you are used to metric units you might have a bit of trouble although it is still entirely doable.

:oops::oops::oops:
I am sorry that made you look, unsuccessfully, for an appropriate smiley face to show consternation, but I was just looking for some indication you might have done some legwork.

I personally feel that following well constructed tutorials that are relevant to the CAD areas you are interested in is more help than merely copying another drawing. You can successfully manually copy something in AutoCad, and still not have any idea whether you have used proper and efficient methods to arrive at the finished product.

I am sorry that made you look, unsuccessfully, for an appropriate smiley face to show consternation, but I was just looking for some indication you might have done some legwork.

I personally feel that following well constructed tutorials that are relevant to the CAD areas you are interested in is more help than merely copying another drawing. You can successfully manually copy something in AutoCad, and still not have any idea whether you have used proper and efficient methods to arrive at the finished product.

Thanks a lot for the axplanation :) , now I am trying to find some examples to the reinforced concrete icons for various concrete elements .

What do you mean reinforced concrete icons? I'm not even sure you know what you are talking about. Are you looking for blocks? If so be specific.

What do you mean reinforced concrete icons? I'm not even sure you know what you are talking about. Are you looking for blocks? If so be specific.

I am sorry but I am trying to say that I am interesting on how to make drawings like in the image .

attachment.php?attachmentid=55703&cid=1&stc=1

FrontImage3-300x177.png

The image is kind of small but my guess is that it is of a concrete retaining wall. Is that correct? I doubt you'll find anything standard about its construction other than the fact it uses rebar and may sit on a bed of gravel.

The image is kind of small but my guess is that it is of a concrete retaining wall. Is that correct? I doubt you'll find anything standard about its construction other than the fact it uses rebar and may sit on a bed of gravel.

:glare: You konow , I think you are right

remember, AutoCAD just draws lines where you tell it to draw them. it doesn't design stuff for you.

(sometimes it doesn't draw them where you are trying to tell it, but that's for another thread)