• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• man99

• ReMark

• Dana W

• mikekmx

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your terminology is a bit unusual. You refer to the drawing as a "chart" but it looks more like a floor plan or a general layout.

I assume the dimensions represent meters is that correct?

It's nice to see that you at least made an attempt to utilize layers but I would change layer "write" to "text", and create a separate layer for dimensions, furniture, and for plants.

The next thing I'd work on is the creation of a title block and border.

Are you going to make use of paper space layouts and viewports or keep everything in model space?

As regards the drawing in general I have the following questions.

-Are you sure you have scaled your furniture blocks correctly? By the way, I think the blocks were originally drawn using imperial units not metric units.

-Why is the kitchen located where it is?

-Why are there four bathrooms and why are they located where they are?

-Will you be adding plumbing fixtures to the bathrooms?

-Is this a walled compound?

-Why is there no way to access one side of the building from the other?

-What is the difference between a hall and a saloon?

-Where are you located?

I would highly recommend that you either buy or borrow from a library a book about architectural drafting and design if you are going to continue doing further drawings such as this one.

I just ran the -dwgunits command on your drawing and it appears you may have used the default AutoCAD drawing template that is set up to use decimal inches. If you really meant to draw using metric units I would suggest using the acadiso.dwt template file not the acad.dwt template file.

Edited by ReMark

:roll: Sorry for different terminology, but it may be due to the flu.

In fact, I prefer to draw by the unity of meter and for the rest of your instructions allow me to thank you very much .

Re: terminology and flu. You're a funny guy.

Are you going to answer my questions or not? I get a sense here this is mostly a one way street. You do not show a willingness to participate fully.

There is something wrong in the forum , Your questions now appeared just now only :huh:

-Are you sure you have scaled your furniture blocks correctly?

I Scaled just for training so each block is not correctly scaled .

-Why is the kitchen located where it is?

-Why are there four bathrooms and why are they located where they are?

-Will you be adding plumbing fixtures to the bathrooms?

-Is this a walled compound?

-Why is there no way to access one side of the building from the other?

This is just floor draft for training and how to use tools and option , it is not a real house .

-What is the difference between a hall and a saloon?

In our culture saloon is the place wich more suitable for guests .

-Where are you located?

I am from Sudan .

I would highly recommend that you either buy or borrow from a library a book about architectural drafting and design if you are going to continue doing further drawings such as this one.

Thank you but can you give me some titles of those books ?

Sorry again I sware your questions didnt appeared last time .

I'd suggest instead of making things up you draw real world objects. Start with something you can hold in your hand and turn in any direction to better see the object. This also gives you the advantage of being able to accurately measure the object. Slowly, over time, graduate to larger objects. If you want to draw a floor plan measure up the apartment or house that you live in and draw that.

Another option would be to go to a library and find books about technical drafting and draw the exercises shown in the books. It doesn't matter if the books were originally intended for a time when manual drafting was the sole means of creating a drawing.

I suspected you were somewhere in the middle east.

I could give you titles but they would all be from English or American authors. For example a book entitled "AutoCAD 2010 - AutoCAD 2010 LT No Experience Required" by Jon McFarland is an excellent book that takes the user from start to finish through an actual project drawing of a residence in a logical and well thought out step-by-step method.

I'd suggest instead of making things up you draw real world objects. Start with something you can hold in your hand and turn in any direction to better see the object. This also gives you the advantage of being able to accurately measure the object. Slowly, over time, graduate to larger objects. If you want to draw a floor plan measure up the apartment or house that you live in and draw that.

Another option would be to go to a library and find books about technical drafting and draw the exercises shown in the books. It doesn't matter if the books were originally intended for a time when manual drafting was the sole means of creating a drawing.

I suspected you were somewhere in the middle east.

I could give you titles but they would all be from English or American authors. For example a book entitled "AutoCAD 2010 - AutoCAD 2010 LT No Experience Required" by Jon McFarland is an excellent book that takes the user from start to finish through an actual project drawing of a residence in a logical and well thought out step-by-step method.

:o:shock::lol: