PDF Plot -- Filling Closed Polylines

parksj10

Hi all,

Got what I think is a dumb question I've been scouring for two hours. I use Civil 3D to create photomasks. It involves creating a lot of complex closed polylines that are filled during the conversion process to files such as GDSII.

What I'm trying to do is use the Plot function to generate a PDF for someone else to view that has all the closed polylines filled in. I've seen things like Fill,SHADEMODE, etc. but I can't seem to get the objects to fill in the drawing or rendered PDF.

I think the easiest thing you can tell me is from scratch, if I draw a RECT in a new .dwg file, how do I use PLOT in order to get a PDF that has the rectangle filled in?

Thanks a bunch!

Josh

EDIT: using Windows Version of Civil 3D Metric 2016

Thanks for the response. I thought about that, but I have thousands of objects that need to be filled in the pdf render. I feel like there should be an easy setting (like in my dxf conversion program) that simply fills the closed lines during plotting

In drafting, that is not a common thing to do. Sorry, no easy button included with AutoCAD for that, but I'm sure it could be done with LISP.

that sounds the route. 1 click, done.

OP - try posting what you want (hatch all closed polylines in the dwg with solid hatch) in the LISP sub-forum.

perhaps try searching the forum first - may have been discussed before.

See your other post please dont post twice its confusing.

I only posted twice because mikekmx told me to do so. Should I delete this one?