Help with creating a solid out of faces.. or suggest a solution

Murphy625

Hi all, For those who remember me, I'm working from my new upgraded computer now!! Core i5-2500, 8gigs ram, and a GTX960 video card. Things are running much faster these days from my old Pentium D life ;) So, for my question.

I need to create a solid box that is larger at the top than the bottom. The dimensions of top and bottom must be to spec. I can create it easily enough by creating a rectangle of specified size for the bottom, then one for the top and then change the elevation of the top.. I then connected all the corners using 3D Face command and I get a nice box like I need.

The problem is, its not a solid, its just a bunch of 3d faces. I've tried a few different commands and none of them seem to do what I need. I think the closest I came was converting the faces to meshes, then into a solid. While that did work, it was a jumbo mess of lines.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?