Dimensions randomly changing when using "save as"

Zach571

I moved the view ports over .0001 and the problem disappeared. Save, close, open and still good, hopefully it lasts. From what I gather the cause is still unknown? The drawing on the left is an exact copy of the part, the right is how we are going to make it, I leave the original drawing in model space for reference.

I'm playing around with the Inventor trial and was drawing up one of these in there yesterday. I had inventor open on one screen, AutoCAD on the other. I didn't edit, move, save anything in the AutoCAD drawing and after an hour or so of having it open and going back and forth between all different programs on the pc and then I noticed that the angles were corrected, all on their own. That was weird and all, but the few dims that magically changed to the fourth place decimal, were still at the fourth place...

This is probably just the repercussion for only purchasing LT and not the full version.

Zach571

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Dana W

• RobDraw

• Zach571

This is probably just the repercussion for only purchasing LT and not the full version.

I doubt it since it is apparent in the full version and you are not pushing any limits that might suggest it could be a performance issue. To me, it's just another example showing that paper space dimensions are not an error proof solution.