Alternatives to Autocad

grain

Im working in a drawing office where their 4 stations running Autocad 2012 are having compatibility clashes with MS windows 2010.

What do fellow users recommed as an alternative to Autocad LT without the

excessive upgrade charges and compatiblity issues with new versions of Windows.

The programs mentioned in that thread are pretty much all the alternatives available, so if you're looking for more than what those programs have to offer, I'm afraid you will need to stick with Autocad.

Thank you but I'm looking for software that matches the feature level of current Autocad

You have obviously have not done much in the way of research. There are three flavors of Bricscad ranging from the Classic 2D version to the Pro and Platinum 3D versions and priced at $520, $650 and $990 (U.S.) which is well below the cost of LT. Any one of these will work on Windows, Mac or Linux. Here is a link that will take you through an overview of all three versions.

https://www.bricsys.com/en_INTL/bricscad/

The Classic version supports lisp. Pro adds, among other features, 3D modeling and constraints, while Platinum adds assembly modeling, sheetmetal and BIM (not available in LT!). Pro and Platinum also support VBA. So tell us, what features are a must have for your company?

Hi Remark,

I would have to check with more experienced members of the team but layers, sheet by sheet layer control in paper space. Nothing too complex.

Hi Remark,

I would have to check with more experienced members of the team but layers, sheet by sheet layer control in paper space. Nothing too complex.

Once again you obviously have not done your homework. Even a cursory visit to the website of Bricscad, IntelliCAD, Draftsight, Zwcad, etc. would tell you what features are standard. If that doesn't answer your questions then all of the AutoCAD clones offer free 30-day trial versions that you can test run to your heart's content. I think it is high time you start seriously researching alternatives and stop making assumptions. The ball is in your court now.