Points not visible

bezza1

Hi I have created a surface from GPS points using civil 3D into a drawing and the points are not visible. It was fine when I used it this morning from the same file. I know the points are in there because I can create a surface profile from the data???? I have tried DDP type and that doesn't work???

Drawing is attached

gis points.dwg

Forget DDPTYPE that is for Autocad Points not CIV3D points, you appear to have brought the points into a surface, but not actually made a point group and then used that point group to make a surface. Its a subtle difference without points you can not display using a lable style, if you have a description on the GPS pts then you would be better using that to layer and string all your points using a description key set, this would also copy into a pt group. Basically their is 3 ways to bring points in to create a surface, dont forget Autocad points via definition.

Type this on command line _Aeccimportpoints

Hi. Thanks for your response but I am trying to insert gps points from a shapefile in order to create some cross sections. It worked fine this morning but doesn't seem to now.

AeccCreateSurfaceFromGISData I dont use that method our GPS comes out of the data collector translated, but think I was on the right track you need to do an extra step which I dont know command but would be something like "Aecc Create points from GISData" add to a point group then you can apply labels. The surface is created but no points stored. Do a bit of homework about importing shape files they have lots of hidden info that you need to convert to Autocad objects.

Agree with BIGAL, if you want points then import either with Create points from GIS Data or use the Mapimport to inport the shp file.

AeccCreateSurfaceFromGISData I dont use that method our GPS comes out of the data collector translated, but think I was on the right track you need to do an extra step which I dont know command but would be something like "Aecc Create points from GISData" add to a point group then you can apply labels. The surface is created but no points stored. Do a bit of homework about importing shape files they have lots of hidden info that you need to convert to Autocad objects.