A Lisp app to drag and drop custom blocks as you work

grain

It would be a dream to have a little window app that one could drop newly made blocks into as you draw. (The idea would be that the ease of it would make you

bother to stop to add to block collection.) Is there such a thing?

Yeah, it is called AutoCad. Draw your block objects in modelspace, select them, and start up the block create process. Command is BLOCK. Where it says "Retain", "Convert to Block", "Delete", select "Convert to Block". Then, when you close and save from the block editor, your block will already be right where you started with your raw objects not yet a block.

Oh yeah, LISP does not function in AutoCad LT.

Drag the newly made block to a custom palette where it will be available for use in any drawing you are working with. Sort of follows the advice of working smarter not harder.

Thanks Remarks that get the closest to what i had envisaged once I learn how to create the custom toolbar.

Thanks Dana I used the Block command but wasn't sure where the block was filed.

Thanks Remarks that get the closest to what i had envisaged once I learn how to create the custom toolbar.

Thanks Dana I used the Block command but wasn't sure where the block was filed.

NEW Blocks are stored only within the drawing they are created in, until you put them in another drawing. Once the block is in a drawing, you of course need the insert command to use it in modelspace.

Look also at Wblock this allows you take the newly created block and save it as a seperate dwg altogether for later reuse, the other is to copy into a master block dwg and use copy and paste. But I would go down the Design center method.