Custom IBL Environments

kpyoung333

Been researching how to change the IBL background environment and I am getting conflicting information. I have found articles dating back to 2011 requesting custom HDR images to be allowed for uploading. As far as I can find this is still not possible. I found a request in the inventor ideastation that is exactly what I am trying to do. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/scene-image-lighting-import-custom-hdr-enviroments/idi-p/5081856#M6363 Is this possible or is this just a doctored image of what they are proposing because I don't have those buttons in 2016. I went into Showcase and created a background, it saved in the formats that are similar to Old Warehouse, copied to the root IBL folder, it shows up in the dropdown for available lighting styles (it does nothing), but won't show up in the Studio available styles. Much like everyone else I want to create a custom background for our company, something a bit more logical instead of putting an image randomly in the middle of the road. So close but I fear it is not possible so I don't feel like spinning my wheels in Showcase (which by the way what is the point of it? The resolution and rendering in it are miles apart from Studio...) Any help is appreciated!