Copy Paste Error

Civardi

Hi Guys,

I seem to be encountering this error quite alot recently. When i copyclip an item from drawing 1 into drawing two there seems to be not information pasted into drawing 2.

No its not layers turned off, only seems to happen with certain files.

I have done extensive research on this with no definitive fix.

Which Autocad version has drawing 1 been produced in?

There is a well known, and well discussed, bug with copy and paste from drawings produced with some early versions of 2007 without the service packs installed.

(Basically nothing is copied into the clipboard).

I can paste into the standard "drawing 1" AutoCAD creates on program opening meaning there must be some data in the clipboard. There is no problem with the drawing i am copyclip from.

When i go to paste into the error drawing this is the text i get in the command line.

Command: _pasteclip Duplicate definition of block Various Boards ignored.

Duplicate definition of block Gyproc_Concrete ignored.

Duplicate definition of block Carpet ignored.

Substituting [simplex.shx] for [architxt.shx].

Substituting [simplex.shx] for [architxt.shx].

Substituting [simplex.shx] for [iSOCPAUS].

Try simply hitting ctrl+V. It's really the Windows clipboard. The Windows shortcuts work better, at least with Paste. I often find the Paste gray'ed out, but ctrl+V does it anyway. The basepoint is even remembered.

generally all i use is CTRL+C & CTRL+V.

I had another user open the drawing using the same version as me and was able without fault to copy paste from one drawing into the other and save it for me. I wonder could it be an issue specifically with my PC?

generally all i use is CTRL+C & CTRL+V.

I had another user open the drawing using the same version as me and was able without fault to copy paste from one drawing into the other and save it for me. I wonder could it be an issue specifically with my PC?

Maybe. If it has limited memory, including graphics, the clipboard can get filled up and not work very well. It happens to me rather randomly with my desktop, and I just restart the computer. It helps most of the time, but not always. I am not even sure it does anything for real, just makes me feel like I took action. :unsure:

Possibly object enabler(s) not being present.
Then it wouldn't work all the time wouldn't it, uh not? I guess it would depend on what one was copying. I suppose copying certain things from AutoCad Architecture to AutoCad LT might fudge it all up.

Then it wouldn't work all the time wouldn't it, uh not? I guess it would depend on what one was copying. I suppose copying certain things from AutoCad Architecture to AutoCad LT might fudge it all up.

It depends on what you are pasting. The copying part is easy. If enabler(s) are needed, you might get a message, or sometimes the objects requiring enablers won't paste, or sometimes you will get proxy objects.

Civardi, what are these "Various Boards"? I've not heard of them in AutoCAD before.

I often get the Paste option grayed out when clipboarding from one drawing to another in the same session of AutoCad. However, with the two drawings open in two different AutoCad sessions, I have no issues. Everything else is equal. Same drawings, same computer, same day. It has been random but ongoing through a couple of releases of AutoCad LT, so I blame my weak computer.