Autocad Workspace

SanMiguel

We've just migrated from Autocad Map 2013(I know its long overdue) but I am having a problem with the workspace.

Every time I open up ACad it reverts back to Drafting & Annotation workspace. I already save my toolbars in a different workplace name plus I also save it as a current Profile in the Options menu.

But for some reason once I closed and opened ACad back it return back to its default Drafting & Annotation workspace.

Am I missing something, I already did WSSAVE & pick Automatically save workspace changes in the workspace settings.:ouch:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SanMiguel

• ReMark

• Dana W

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Force a save of your workspace "save current as" then make sure "do not save changes" is turned on, having "Automatically save" can do funny stuff like ignore the changes you just made.

You have to move the desired workspace to the top of the list of workspaces, so it will be the "default".

i did put it on top and set it as my home workspace but guess what? everytime i have open Acad2013 it goes back again to its default workspace .....arggghhhhhh!!!

It's reverting to the default because you probably did not save it and changing the order under Workspace Settings has nothing to do with it. On my computer My Workspace = Drafting & Annotation yet I am actually in my own custom 3D workspace saved under my first name.

It's reverting to the default because you probably did not save it and changing the order under Workspace Settings has nothing to do with it. On my computer My Workspace = Drafting & Annotation yet I am actually in my own custom 3D workspace saved under my first name.

You mean save & overwrite the existing Darfting & Anno Workspace???

No, I mean save it under a different name like I did. Example: ReMark's 3D Modeling.

I did that, I have Classic setting, arrange my toolbars, I even save it in a different profile name but it goes back to the drafting & anno workspace every time i open up autocad...???

It almost sounds as though you are making the changes and instead of clicking on "Save Current As...." you are going to Options > Profiles and trying to save it there. Is that right?

Forget the Profile.

Did you, or did you not use the SAVE CURRENT AS.... option?

I tested the method...it works.

After reading this I did the SAVE CURRENT AS(made another Workspace name)....close Autocad open it then boom!!! back to Drafting & Annotation again.....whats going on???

I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with your insistent on using a "Classic" type workspace or maybe it has something to do with this....

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Toolbar-settings-saved-in-workspace-are-ignored-when-AutoCAD-is-restarted.html

All I know is I could create and save a dozen different workspaces in a matter of a few minutes and whatever one I set last will be the one I see the next time I open AutoCAD.

You could try the manual method of saving your workspace. Type -WSSAVE at the command line and take it from there.

OK After searching.....I tired changing the target path & inserted the /w"workspae" thing but no luck...

Then I went on with this:

http://blog.advancedsolutions.com/2013/09/13/autocad-classic-workspace-in-autocad-architecture

Open the CUI right click my custom workspace name then set to default....

Boom!!! It work!!! Thanks a bunch for the replies guys!!!

... and changing the order under Workspace Settings has nothing to do with it.
You are probably right about this. Except, on day one of creating my workspace, I could not get AutoCad to default to opening in My Workspace until I moved it to the top of that little list. Then, thereafter it opens in My workspace, EVEN if I move it to the bottom of the list.:huh: :roll:

You are probably right about this. Except, on day one of creating my workspace, I could not get AutoCad to default to opening in My Workspace until I moved it to the top of that little list. Then, thereafter it opens in My workspace, EVEN if I move it to the bottom of the list.:huh: :roll:

Putting up the list wouldnt do nothing, It would only show first in order from the pull down menu workspace.

Putting up the list wouldnt do nothing, It would only show first in order from the pull down menu workspace.
Yeah, I can't get it to show any effect now either. Maybe I am just remembering a coincidence between moving to the top of the list and setting as current, or some other completely incomprehensible combination of AutoCad options.