Basic electrical plant layout

ROBP

Hi All,

Just finishing up my plant layout soon just need to put basic hookup data on some motors for mixing tanks and need to see a basic drawing (very basic)

how it should look with or without all the data (do i have to indicate voltage and so on?

Main purpose is just to have a general view since electrical will be done by a sub contractor i just want them to have a rough idea what goes where they will supply their own detailed drawing accordingly for our files.

Do i have to layout the wires to the motors and identify the approximate panel location with a square etc etc.

Best and thanks for all the help you can provide

R

PS Keep in mind that i have never seen an electrical plan overs the years

therefore i just want to give them an idea on what is where so they can quote the job.

I'm not sure what the OP means by an electrical plant layout. Are we talking about a motor control center or an electrical schematic (ladder diagram) for actually wiring the motors up?

He's talking about the interconnect to the mixing motors from the electrical panel. I'm thinking that the motors have a control component to them that require more than one power source so you will have 240VAC 3 phase and 110VAC single phase.

I'm not sure what the OP means by an electrical plant layout. Are we talking about a motor control center or an electrical schematic (ladder diagram) for actually wiring the motors up?

No just a plain basic plan nothing fancy no wire pattern and routing

Example do I need to located the main panel and indicate motor needs (volts, amps in a rectangle) and there is also thermowells , spools, pumps and sensors on some of the main pipes.

What is it that I have to indicate (very basics) or I just put the exact panel location period for the electrical contractor

Once again I would like to see something similar in general or do I have to go the extra and indicate all the needs etc etc, because the exercise is not to produce a detailed electrical plan but just a plan layout view pumps, sensors on piping routing and valves along with all the details of the piping connections to main tanks for the water treatment facility and all the dev of the main items for them to cut roll and form all the raw material for the production sub-contractors.

Hth

Ok I see what your asking. If the electrical is to be done by a sub contractor then the vender who supplied the equipment needs to give the factory drawings to who ever will be connecting these units. You just need to show where the units go and where the load centers will be going. You just need to know the dimensions of the units and then like you said put them in a box.

Ok I see what your asking. If the electrical is to be done by a sub contractor then the vender who supplied the equipment needs to give the factory drawings to who ever will be connecting these units. You just need to show where the units go and where the load centers will be going. You just need to know the dimensions of the units and then like you said put them in a box.

Exactly we supply the motors and pumps with all the piping sub hooks it up and they supply their own electrical plan for the file

Therefore what do I have to indicate to them so they can supply a quote according to equipement electrical needs needs.

HTH

That would be the specs of the equipment. If this is a bid then the electrical contractor needs to know the model of the units then they can look up the specs to determine the requirements needed and give you a price. If it's a design build then you can place the specs on one of your sheets and they can work from that.

That would be the specs of the equipment. If this is a bid then the electrical contractor needs to know the model of the units then they can look up the specs to determine the requirements needed and give you a price. If it's a design build then you can place the specs on one of your sheets and they can work from that.

Yes spec sheets will be supplied from suppliers catalog sheets with all the trimmings (pdf) along with my plan drawing.

• 2 weeks later...
No just a plain basic plan nothing fancy no wire pattern and routing

Example do I need to located the main panel and indicate motor needs (volts, amps in a rectangle) and there is also thermowells , spools, pumps and sensors on some of the main pipes.

What is it that I have to indicate (very basics) or I just put the exact panel location period for the electrical contractor

Once again I would like to see something similar in general or do I have to go the extra and indicate all the needs etc etc, because the exercise is not to produce a detailed electrical plan but just a plan layout view pumps, sensors on piping routing and valves along with all the details of the piping connections to main tanks for the water treatment facility and all the dev of the main items for them to cut roll and form all the raw material for the production sub-contractors.

Hth

Pardon me for jumping in on this --- but i would say yes you do and the distance between each component so that they can estimate how much wire and what size is need. (just my 2 cents worth)