• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iconeo

• tzframpton

• rkent

• tombu

We use three fonts two of which are custom (i.e. - not shipped with AutoCAD). All of them are .shx; we do not use TrueType fonts in any drawing.

You've never had scaling issues or ever needed to add an angle symbol? Lucky...

No scaling issues. The angle symbol is built into Mtext, so no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

We use ROMANS primarily. Which is fine, I don't have any issues with that, but they insist on a width factor of 1.0 which drives me up the wall. Too often space is an issue and a 1.0 width doesn't work well. I prefer a 0.85 width factor. Doesn't seem like much, but it does make a difference.

• 2 months later...

SWISS 721 LtCnBT . biggest problem I usually am stuck with is the available space to make annotations in. I found that this font is easy to read and yet very compact. also it looks very professional. i used to use some other font, can't remember the name right now, it looked beautiful , but you must really concentrate to read it. then you miss the point. the purpose of drawings is to communicate information, so seek a font which is practical and easy to read

tombu,

Is that Swis721 Lt BT? That is a nice fit.

John

Yes. The condensed version of AutoCAD's TT font jamos is narrower which takes up less space at the same height, but it's not as readable to me as shorter Swis721 Lt BT that's the same size.

Previous department decided they would switch to a truetype font after years of using simplex.shx.

For titles and cover sheets and notes, I could see it, but for everyday annotation on engineering drawings - TT fonts have drawbacks.

Oh, well - not my problem any more.