Turning Circle

Frannym

Hi All,

I need to create a turning circle radius but don't know where to begin.

The biggest truck that frequents the loading bay is a 18Ton Class II vehicle (35’ Long, 7.7’ Wide, 12.7’ High).

Does anyone have a drawing I could drop into my CAD.

Big thanks

Franny

A full size semi pulls off the street and best way to describe is does a double reverse to get to the parallel street loading bay, to look at you just say how did he get that in there, it would have been checked before construction using the "Steer" option.

Anyway ask around, Robdraw is on the money, do you know some one at another consultant that has Autoturn etc.

You have to have all the question to provide an answer a dwg of where the truck is to go, just did one yesterday turn left, turn right, turn left does it run off the road.

One comes to mind here in AUS we have road trains that is 3 semis exactly same question for a friend can you run this turn movement for me to make sure we are not going to hit the traffic signals.

Based on your limited spec. The inner track radius would be approx. 50'. and the outer track radius would be 85'. But to be honest that's much use to you because of the sweep paths. The attached model is the closest I have without creating a model. If it's really, really important I could model it more accurately but I would need more info. Sorry it's in metric.

Drawing1.dwg