stretch/extend

bjenk8100

some of you probably think i am a newb but i cant figure it out. I know extend well. One must use a source to extend to. My problem is stretch. I want to be able to highlight multiple objects and stretch them uniformly if that's a word. For instance, I will keep it simple. I know its possible but cannot do it. Say you draw 4 vertical or horizontal lines parallel to ea other. I want to highlight all of them and be able to stretch/extend them all at once. Everytime I do it they just move. I see people do what I want all the time. I asked and was just told something about crossings or something of htat nature. There is some way to highlight your objects in a particular way to get my intended result. I just cant figure this simple but helpful topic. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Brian

Hi Brian,

I noticed you said you want to "highlight all of them" - you're selecting the ends you want to stretch by windowing around them, aren't you? If you select the whole line the stretch command will act just like the move command.

Just checking...

Have you tried using Grips?

Select multiple grips whilst holding down the Shift key, and when you move one of the hot grips, the other hot grips will follow.

Say you draw 4 vertical or horizontal lines parallel to ea other. I want to highlight all of them and be able to stretch/extend them all at once. Everytime I do it they just move.

Do not window around the entirety of the lines. This mimics the move command. Only window one end of the lines. The other ends will be the anchor points.