AutoCADLT 2005 files in AutoCADLT 2016 problem

k6ccc

I have been using AutoCAD LT 2005 for years. I have recently updated to AutoCAD LT 2016. Currently in the 30 day trial, but that will get registered next week. I am trying to open some of my 2005 files and getting a bunch of lines that don't really exist between real lines. It substantially clutters up the drawings. I can't select the lines as they don't appear to actually exist. If I turn various layers on or off, these extra lines change. If I print the files, they come out correctly. Anyone got any idea what these extra lines are?

I apparently can't post a screen capture, and when I stuck a couple screen captures onto one of my websites, and attempted to post the links, my message was stuck in moderation (for the past couple weeks), so I'm sorry, I can't post a screen capture. If someone wants one, send me an E-Mail address and I'll send you the links...

The best thing to do is to attach a copy of one of the drawings (.dwg) to your next post so someone here can take a look at it. We don't need or want an image file; it must be a .dwg file.

I will see if it will let me post the file this evening (wrong computer here). Any previous attempt to upload any file (from 3 different computers) all resulted in the message post crashing.

I apparently can't post a screen capture, and when I stuck a couple screen captures onto one of my websites, and attempted to post the links, my message was stuck in moderation (for the past couple weeks), so I'm sorry, I can't post a screen capture.

I don't see how that's possible. You are a new member and have only 2 posts, both of which are in this thread. So where did you attempt to post these links?

The first thing you need to do, to post a drawing file, is to make sure the .dwg file is less than one megabyte.

Second thing, click the Go Advanced button at the lower right corner of the posting window.

Now type your message in the post window, and click on the paperclip icon on the message window. This will bring up the attachment manager.

Click the Add Files button, then the Choose File button.

Browse to and select your file.

Now hit the Upload button on the attachment manager.

When the file finishes uploading, hit the Done button.

Then, click Submit Reply.

We'll see if it works this time. Except this being a reply rather than a new post, the process with the attachment manager is what I was doing before. I had tried this as a new post about a half dozen times from three different computers several weeks ago. Finally gave up and posted the files to one of my websites and posted the links in a new message to this forum section. I got a message that my posting was moderated because new members messages that contain links are automatically moderated. OK, I can understand that. That was about two weeks ago, and the message was apparently never approved.

If this works, this is one of the files I had attempted to post a couple weeks ago. It is a screen capture of what I see on screen. I will attempt to upload the drawing file from home this evening.

Capture.jpg

Well, dang it worked. Don't know why it worked now and not a couple weeks ago.

Let's see if the other file works...

This what it looks like printed.

Plot.jpg

Ok, I see your other posts now. I have no idea why they were blocked though? I'm not going to approve them because all the same information and images are already provided here in this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience and delay in getting your posts to show up. I completely missed them. :oops:

Well, I didn't find anything out of the ordinary in there. It sure as heck doesn't look like your image. In fact it is one of the cleanest drawings i've opened. Did you upload the 2005 version or is it saved in the 2013-15 format?

I ran -PURGE and Audit, nothing found, not even Reg Apps.

That image made me expect to find items with "Z" values, but not true.

Beats me.

Thank you for the compliment about the drawing being very clean - I try. It was saved in 2005 format. The odd part is that some of my 2005 drawings come out clean and some are like this one.

Maybe it's a graphics issue? What are your system specs?

While your drawing is clean it also is made up entirely of separate entities. You don't use polylines (every line, including arrowheads is a separate line entity) nor do you seem to use MText.

• 2 months later...

I think the issue here is more about why the OP had a graphics display problem than it is about the version of AutoCAD the drawing was saved in.