Family

O'Huggin

Hi TZ and everyone,

I have no resort but to create a family of a stem wall where one edge of the top is dented for the floor slab to sit on (see attachment).

This is similar to a foundation wall, but the given in Revit is that it has no dent.

I drew parallelism with a wall sweep or cornice but when I loaded it, I can't find my stem wall prompt or anything to begin with or it can't work unless it's being hosted through a wall. It's something like a parasite which can't work unless I invoke a wall first which is not relevant to creating a stem wall because all I need are the lines created by the perimeter of a floor slab as delineators.

I want it independently working with an icon of it's own, and just like the slab edge icon, I'll just have to press it, then pick the outlines. Also I can assign a material to it, and there are parametric fields for the "base line", and "offset from" to input the numbers.

Please let me know of any template you are using or are aware of, or something similar which I can tweak. Thanks.

Stem Wall.pdf

Actually TZ I don't have to make an effort.

I just discovered that when I checked the section after I duplicated the "Generic Masonry" wall type and did nothing but rename it, then redefined the affected walls, the slab came out sitting snugly on the automatic "dent" it created. Revit is a divine providence.

It realized that the slab is overlapping on the wall and decided on its own to chip away that extra.

The slab is even sloping down, and I don't have to act like a "mechanic going into the underside of the car" to tediously fix the wall.

Good deal. I do believe the Wall and Slab Material matter in this instance. If they're both similar, or the same... such as Masonry or Concrete, then they'll auto-join and auto-cut as you have indicated they have. But if they're not the same then they may not magically conjoin. Again, I'm an MEP background so my architectural knowledge is limited in these specific areas.

-TZ