need help to design Barbending for Pier

afrazawan

There are a wide variety of pier types used in bridge construction. It is not a case of one size/shape fits all. You're going to have to provide more information than that. What is the design criteria? Typically pier design is done in a top down approach meaning you establish your design parameters and loading first followed by the pier cap, column and footing designs. I'm guessing you've done none of this.

I see you're located in Pakistan. Given recent events re: earthquakes I'm curious as to what earthquake zone this bridge will be located in?

Edited by ReMark

Thank you Mr ReMark im belong to Kashmir (Pakistan Side) but working in UAE (DUBAI) im attaching file my mostly experience in road CIVIL kindly inbox me your contact number as wel social account thanks please find the attached file.

we are safe Mr ReMark with the earthquakes but in 2005 all infrastructure damaged

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qsaeuz

What's in the file?

I normally do not give out contact information and I stay well away from social media.

What government entity in the UAE is responsible for overseeing the country's highways? Don't they have a standard procedure they want engineers to follow when it comes to pier design?

In the United States the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration recommends the following steps for pier design...

- Obtain Design Criteria

- Select Optimum Pier Type

- Select Preliminary Pier Dimensions

- Compute Dead Load Effects

- Compute Live Load Effects

- Compute Other Load Effects

- Analyze and Combine Force Effects

- Design Pier Cap

- Design Pier Column

- Design Pier Piles

- Design Pier Footing

- Final Pier Schematic