red circle/dot at main point?

Dale99

I'm not sure what this item is called. Its a red circle with lines in it that makes it look like a dot at times. You can set it to be at your main point/center point of your project.

Its been so long since Ive set this since Ive worked for the same client for so long. New client now I need to set it for their location. No clue what its called, to even be able to google search on how to reset it. Searching so far it kinda looks like geolocation icon, but not 100% on that.

ok, its considered "geographic marker". But when googling, the process it tells me to do to reset it I don't have that in my menus. Anyone know the manual entry for this?

It's your "geographic location". In other words, if you have a projection set to your drawing, this shows up.

To change it to your desired location, I believe it's in drawing settings/setup under projection/location. I'm not looking at it so I'm trying to remember the options.

I do have a projection. I know how to set that.

But how to change the location of this "marker", I don't remember. Geographic was not part of autocad when I went to school. Then, this ribbon base, I cant find my head from my toes. luckily I learned to type in a majority of my commands.

Best thing is don't worry about it if you use the correct coordinate system. You can use GEOMARKERVISIBILITY = 1 to hide it or if you want to move it and place it somewhere else etc. try the GEOGRAPHICLOCATION command.

It's more of a vanilla Autocad feature to assign a coordinated location to a dwg. With Map3D or Civil3D when you assign a coordinate system the proper way with the map/civil tools there's no need for it.