Controlling Hidden lines in a central file linked with all services Models

Ramana

Hello Friends,

Greetings!

I am working on a project for MEP coordination, I am facing the problem in revit R2015 to control the display of the hidden elements and the services passing below the other services in hidden lines

I have linked almost 8 services model files, I am able to control the hidden line in individual model, but when it is linked no service is displying with the Hidden lines.

Please guide me in this aspect, with out this hidden lines the coordination drawings will not be completed.

Ramana

1st, make sure MEP Hidden Lines is toggled on by going to the Manage Ribbon Tab > MEP Settings > MEP Hidden Lines. 2nd, make sure the View is set to one of the three MEP disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical or Plumbing). 3rd, make sure you're in the Hidden Visual Style, not Wireframe, Shaded or Consistent.

Hope this helps.

-TZ

Dear TZ,

I have tried in all means, it is working only in individual services files, but when all services are linked in a central file it is not displaying the hidden lines. I have checked all possible ways, i doubt i might have missed some thing.

Is there any way to control the display properties of the linked Systems files ie HVAC, Elec and plumbing files

There could be many other things to consider. I'd have to take a look at the files themselves to provide more information. Which I don't mind at all if there's a way you can upload or email them to me for me to take a look.

-TZ

Dear TZ,

i am happy to share teh files to you, how to share you, it may not possible through email, can i transfer through wetransfer or any other means, please give me your email id

Hello TZ,

I have send you the links of the files though drop box i have linked Ducts, water and electrical files for your review.

Please suggest any solution which will help.

I have tried by binding the files but which will be increasing the file size

Hello TZ,

I have send you the links of the files though drop box i have linked Ducts, water and electrical files for your review.

Please suggest any solution which will help.

I have tried by binding the files but which will be increasing the file size

I have downloaded the files. I will take a look and respond when I get a chance. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...