Load CUIX for Multi-Users

ahrjey

I have created a .cuix file that I would like to apply to AutoCAD2015 for each user on the network, so that I do not have to log in under each name and manually transfer in the CUI one at a time. So far I have tried multiple methods for loading the custom .cuix file into AutoCAD on launch, however I am unable to get the workspace to transfer in at all.

I have created an acaddoc.lsp file, saved into a support file path, that calls another .lsp file to load in the cuix, based on code I have seen on this forum:

(command "cuiunload" "FILENAME" ^C "cuiload" "X:\XX\XXX\FILENAME.cuix" ^C)

However my new workspace is never added into the program after successfully calling the LSP when CAD launches. I have also messed around with ARG files and using a switch to call on a script upon launching CAD, although I so far have not had any luck.

I am a novice at writing scripts for AutoCAD and navigating the program's folders, so please let me know if I need to provide any more detailed information. I appreciate any help that someone has to offer. Thanks.

Have you tried Config, Files, Customization files, Main customization File, yourpath\yourcuifile

We set up a ARG and copied the desktop Icon edited the properties to point to new profile.

I have created a .cuix file that I would like to apply to AutoCAD2015 for each user on the network, so that I do not have to log in under each name and manually transfer in the CUI one at a time. So far I have tried multiple methods for loading the custom .cuix file into AutoCAD on launch, however I am unable to get the workspace to transfer in at all.

I have created an acaddoc.lsp file, saved into a support file path, that calls another .lsp file to load in the cuix, based on code I have seen on this forum:

(command "cuiunload" "FILENAME" ^C "cuiload" "X:\XX\XXX\FILENAME.cuix" ^C)

However my new workspace is never added into the program after successfully calling the LSP when CAD launches. I have also messed around with ARG files and using a switch to call on a script upon launching CAD, although I so far have not had any luck.

I am a novice at writing scripts for AutoCAD and navigating the program's folders, so please let me know if I need to provide any more detailed information. I appreciate any help that someone has to offer. Thanks.

In your code are you attempting to unload the Main CUIX or a Partial CUIX?

The code is unloading the main CUIX.

Have you tried Config, Files, Customization files, Main customization File, yourpath\yourcuifile

Just tried this trick today and it worked great, thanks. However I believe my ARG file isn't set up properly because on a fresh user, I am still not seeing the CUIX loaded into CAD. I will adjust it tomorrow to see if I can give more details.

I appreciate the help.

The way I set this type of menu up was to copy the standard ACAD menu to the network.

In AutoCAD options on my PC, I made this my main menu (main customisation file) & added my custom menu as a partial menu through the CUI editor. The custom menu is also stored on the network. Then I created a new Workspace as a starting point for users.

For the other users, I set up a "blank" USER menu as the main menu, then attached the network standard ACAD menu as an enterprise menu. Doing this also drags in the custom menu.

I then copied the new custom workspace across to the USER menu & renamed it & made it current.

If/when this works OK, I change the users menu paths for main & enterprise.

This way ensures that the user can setup & retain their layout, while allowing me to tweak the menu & add additional commands remotely.

Creating an ARG file would be fine, but would it not your own settings for the paths, i.e. - C:\Users\joebloggs\appdata\roaming\... & apply it to the other users?

You can save the users profile, to quickly back up the users settings.

I appreciate the help JGA.

Then I created a new Workspace as a starting point for users.

For the other users, I set up a "blank" USER menu as the main menu, then attached the network standard ACAD menu as an enterprise menu.

I believe this is where I am currently tripping up using your process, and perhaps even earlier as I am still unable to get the changes from the workspace to load and show the custom menu/cui. When you say blank user menu, are you loading in a cuix with nothing loaded in the workspace?

Thanks again for the help, I can report back with a more detailed step-by-step on my process to better outline what it is I'm doing/doing wrong here, once I have a free moment at work.

ahrjey,

No bother, the forums are where I learned how to set this up!

I tend to create the workspace in the enterprise menu to keep as a backup, then copy & rename the workspace over into the blank menu.