batch plot wrong orientation!

jt6572

hey all,

every time i do a batch plot, the drawing orientation is the wrong way! it gets printed out as portrait, but the page setup i apply to them all is definitely landscape, and if i print them out singularly, they print out landscape as well.

its driving me insane!!!! the set up is to plot out the layout, all settings are fine, and everything goes well except when i import and apply the setup to drawings in a batch.

please help!!!!

thank you. :)

Whatever you are putting in the batch plot page layout column is apparently not the layout you think it is, and is set up portrait.

If you already have layout tabs set up with page layouts that are working, why not let the batch plot run with the in that column so it will use them by default.

thanks very much Dana,

i have just done a test on another guys computor and have narrowed it down to a setting on the printer. obviously, i have played with something i shouldnt have again!!!! :)

YAY!!!

for some reason, the native settings on the printer (A4, portrait) make the batch plot work. i had set it to A3 landscape... what a fool... :lol:

Well, I'm glad you understand it. :huh: :rofl:

I suppose you have also noticed that the paper size definitions in AutoCad can also lead to confusion. They have the measurements in the dropdown both ways, ie 24x36 and 36x24 for the same size page. These can make the portrait and landscape selections to APPEAR to work backwards depending on which way the paper size is measured.